EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
So are they importing the cars they cant sell in EU & because the UK doesn't care about the failed emissions anyway?
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/vw-increases-stockpiles-cars-britain-ahead-brexit
[h=1]VW increases stockpiles of cars in Britain ahead of Brexit[/h]
No, I kinda doubt that. Cars for the British market are built with the steering and other controls on the right, whereas cars for the rest of the EU (except Ireland) have 'em on the left.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Great more dead batteries?
https://cbs12.com/news/local/florida-to-use-vw-money-for-cleaner-buses
[h=1]Florida to use VW money for cleaner buses[/h]
School buses strike me as a relatively sensible application for EV tech. They don't need really long range. They run for a few hours in the morning, get a long break during which they can be recharged, and then run for a few hours in the afternoon. They also (almost by definition) do a lot of stop/start driving.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
No, I kinda doubt that. Cars for the British market are built with the steering and other controls on the right, whereas cars for the rest of the EU (except Ireland) have 'em on the left.

-Uwe-

So does that mean the right hand drive cars are even dirtier?:p

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
School buses strike me as a relatively sensible application for EV tech. They don't need really long range. They run for a few hours in the morning, get a long break during which they can be recharged, and then run for a few hours in the afternoon. They also (almost by definition) do a lot of stop/start driving.

-Uwe-

Sounds reasonable...did you know UPS in the early days ran 6 volt trucks in NYC to save SMOG for delivery vehicles?

Pretty cool that the first EV's, even though crude were built as early as 1828-1832!

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
So are they importing the cars they cant sell in EU & because the UK doesn't care about the failed emissions anyway?
Because UK buyers are unwilling to pay the extra 10%+ tariff after a no deal Brexit and VW UK are unwilling to absorb the cost themselves.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I find your lack of faith disturbing. :p

-Uwe-

Sir my faith is absolutely "Right ON", no?

WTF are people going to do for GeKo/FaZit on AFT if used parts can't be married or the OEM refuses to do it and it's not even available through the OEM parts department in many cases?
:facepalm:

What did the Captain say?

captain-america-punches-nazis-3.jpg

Are you ready to take out the trash, I feel like I'm the only one on pickup?

Just remember, diseases or hidden subtle placated ideals to remove freedoms can spread fast & if not isolated or confronted!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
If you like being able to do things with VCDS, you may not want to buy one of these anytime soon. They are reputed to have a "Security Gateway" that blocks all diagnostic "write access" (including even the clearing of fault codes!) unless the tool/shop doing the work has the credentials to obtain a cryptographic certificate to allow such access from VWAG's server.

-Uwe-

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
If you like being able to do things with VCDS, you may not want to buy one of these anytime soon. They are reputed to have a "Security Gateway" that blocks all diagnostic "write access" (including even the clearing of fault codes!) unless the tool/shop doing the work has the credentials to obtain a cryptographic certificate to allow such access from VWAG's server.

-Uwe-

Eeek - I hope their licensing model lends itself better to enthusiast use than the FIAT Chrysler system

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

-Uwe-

You mean "Insecurity access"? :p

Last edited:
Back