Page 120 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1277

Thread: EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT GENERAL NEWS THREAD ANYTHING GOES!

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.motor1.com/news/408134/v...gine-not-dead/

VW Says The Combustion Engine Is Far From Dead

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    As the UK has a Constitutional Monarchy the Queen/King plays no active part in the running of the country (merely offers advice and suggestions to the Prime Minister in a weekly chat)
    Dave: Please don't be offended, I intend no disrespect to your system of government and I'm sure that it works well for all UK citizens - but for historic reasons Mrs Windsor (I prefer this name to her official title) also has the same standing in our constitution. However, whilst it might be true that the 94 year old Monarch has taken an advisory role in your country - I'm not sure if this is the same in Australia.

You are probably unaware of our 1975 constitutional crisis in which our Governor General (who is Mrs Windsor's representative in Australia) dismissed our elected PM. The role of Mrs Windsor in this event is still unknown and even after 25 years, Mrs Windsor refuses to release the "Dismissal papers" which would clarify her role in the sacking of a democratically elected Prime Minister.

Again with no disrespect intended, and yes, this is different matter to your reply - I reckon that Australia has grown-up sufficiently - we should be a republic with our own democratically head-of-state!!

Rant over- well almost (see passing reference to our dismissal below)!!

Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    the death of the Monarch has no impact on the governing of the country.
    Yes, I understand that your and our Monarchy is the only thing on this planet that is eternal - can anyone explain why someone's DNA is the sole qualifying attribute for the title of head-of-state in Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Grenada, Jamaica, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and the United Kingdom. - it escapes all logic IMO!

And yes, I'm aware that UK Foreign Secretary (Dominic Raab) is the official deputy for Boris Johnson.

But, my question is what happens if a sitting PM dies under the UK system of government - not what happens if the sitting Monarch dies? If the latter happens, I've no doubt that the universal cry in 16 x Commonwealth realms would be "the Queen is dead - long live the King (Charley-heaven help Australia!!)"!

My understanding (which could be wrong) is no-one knows for sure; there is absolutely no prescribed process for this

As for Mrs Windsor "plays no active part in the running of the country" - would this remain a benign role if the sitting PM dies? Or, if your constitutional crisis in this eventuality becomes the same as our 1975 constitutional crisis - would Mrs Windsor step into the breach and select a replacement? And if so, would this be kosher in your constitution?

Don

Last edited by DV52; 04-07-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    You are probably unaware of our 1975 constitutional crisis in which our Governor General (who is Mrs Windsor's representative in Australia) dismissed our elected PM.
    I remember that constitutional crisis well (yes I am that old!), and remain surprised that it wasn't sufficient for Australians to vote to become a Republic?

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    But, my question is what happens if a sitting PM dies under the UK system of government.
    This is an interesting guide on what would happen in that situation:

https://www.quora.com/What-would-immediately-happen-if-the-Prime-Minister-of-the-UK-died

Apart from that it would depend on whether s/he died suddenly or gradually.

If gradually, s/he would be prevailed on to resign. The clearest precedent is Henry Campbell-Bannerman at the beginning of the last century, who suffered a series of heart attacks while in office and eventually quit nineteen days before he died. He was still living in Downing Street because he was too ill to move out, but at least he had resigned.

If suddenly, then the official or unofficial deputy PM would call on the Old Lady and explain what had happened, and then convene a meeting of her/his parliamentary party and propose that s/he ran a caretaker government while the procedure to replace the late lamented was worked through. This proposal would be unanimously accepted; All that would take a couple of hours. The interim PM would try to do as little as possible in the way of governing until a new party leader was eventually chosen and asked by the Old Lady to form a government.

P.S. In 1960 a Privy Council decree was isued that changed the family name to Mountbatten-Windsor.

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that looks nice for older people to see the screen.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32948/...big-on-screens
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    From an Engineering stand point it blocks critical convection flow of air & to permit proper cooling.

It's not like there isn't a deficiency already with water pump failure or which resulted in fires to cost a recall.

When the car gets older and it peals, it will look like shit.

There is no cheaper form of advertising than legacy intact logos on a vehicle that out lasted expectations.

The people responsible for this change should be fired!

https://www.motor1.com/news/408913/new-vw-logo-atlas/

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone tell me when the net is getting shut down along with phones for the mass arrests to start?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doze...ry?id=59249030

Post Thanks / Like

https://electrek.co/2020/04/09/vw-and-hummer-create-new-logos-to-shed-their-image-as-shameless-polluters/

VW and Hummer create new logos to help shed lingering image as polluters

I don't get it, how does a logo have anything to do with this?

This change in logo only insults most VAG owners, stock holders or employees and it costs money while serves a detriment to actual function of the vehicle.

It will actually and factually increase SMOG in the end!

Is the radiator larger as a result of new LOGO or fan wattage? NOPE!

If they were looking to make things more efficient and reliable, they would be better off taking the extra air dams and adding radiator capacity behind each to remove heat, not further blocking it!

Oh I want this person who implemented this dumb idea and whoever voted yes too it FIRED!

An example of what VAG used to add with additional fan in the corner.

Would it not be more prudent if they started doing practice things, like build stuff that lasts & with optional additional coolers for transmissions/differentials too & instead of some useless accouterments in the interior that break like a Chinese fortune cookie?

10. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like Military industrial complex is getting ready for some walk on water action after it rises up from the dead after Easter?

https://abcnews.go.com/International/terrorist-groups-spin-covid-19-gods-smallest-soldier/story?id=69930563

Terrorist groups spin COVID-19 as God's 'smallest soldier' attacking West

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...strial-complex

Post Thanks / Like
    It wouldn't be Easter without the action figure play set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8k5jjhNxDo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    BoJo has been discharged from the hospital:

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

14. Likes PetrolDave liked this post