Thread: 2013 Q7 Low headlight default position

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 Q7 Low headlight default position

2013 Prestige. At low speeds, under 65mph the headlights are pointed far too low, I am overdriving them at about 40 mph already. Over 70 they flick up to a higher position and it is fine then. I live on rural highways with no streetlights, quite dangerous to be driving on low beams. There is enough traffic that you cant use high beams. Is there a setting in VCDS where I can keep the "70 mph" lights on all the time?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Assuming this car...

I don't see anything obvious in the Headlight Range module that would control this behavior.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Uwe, yes that is the vehicle in question. Strange..as it definitely flicks to a "high speed" beam which is still lower than actual high beams

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some adjustment screws attached to the headlights where the range should be changeable. Or isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg5OH View Post
    Hi Uwe, yes that is the vehicle in question. Strange..as it definitely flicks to a "high speed" beam which is still lower than actual high beams
    Hmm, I've got/had quite a few cars with xenons and AFS, and I've never seen/heard of such a thing.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Hmm, I've got/had quite a few cars with xenons and AFS, and I've never seen/heard of such a thing.

-Uwe-
    He is talking about highway lights, where the low beams get raised a bit (to max legal level) above certain (highway) speeds.

@ OP;

If they’re too low, have a workshop redo the light adjustment (using a very common beam adjustment helping tool) This is usually what happens when the lights arent put in service mode when manually adjusting. In practice they will always be adjusted lower by the headlight range controller, except in the above case. If they are adjusted without putting the lights in service mode, they will be too low.
    Last edited by MasterTommy; 03-02-2018 at 08:40 PM.
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

7. Likes DV52 liked this post