Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audi A3 2.0T FSI BPY Crank with no start.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jack I sent the guy here because I was lost as to why no codes?
    He had a G68 code went it stalled but no cam code. Don't know if the G68 was bad or just from over cranking with no start?
    He has RPM on VCDS and the tack moves and has spark. Only bad thing I see is he replaced G68 with one from Auto Zone which is a NO NO! But it seems to be working.
    What has me is he said it back fires at times and compression was only 150. But was using an AZ tool loaner tester for compression.

I said timing but why no cam sensor & RPM sensor correlation code?

Good Luck
    Dam right it's a NO NO for FOD I think on G28, especially if wrong or possible wrong air gap etc..

LOL you are mixing up G68 with those harnesses I have to make you? FYI: I'm still waiting for Wurth WSO out of Germany.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes vwtech liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay not G68!
    And your still an ASS! LOL

Why no codes??????

Good Luck

Okay I just read why no codes.

"Most stage 2 tunes out there are ignoring the misfire recognition in low rpm range, and which is monitored by g28 in addition they seem to also delete g40 calibrations so it will never report many DTC's."

I go with timing jumped then.
    Last edited by vwtech; 02-28-2018 at 12:04 PM.

4. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no expert... but that thing sounds WRONG when cranking - potentially like when timing is out

6. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay not G68!
    And your still an ASS! LOL

SLMC .....that is You Are or You're not "Yours"...... truly!
    Indeed I am a regular asshole!..........

OP

Take it to STAGE NONE Immediately! & inspect the equipment I aforementioned..........

Do as I say, not as you think!

NostraJackASS Has Spoken!
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    SLMC .....that is You Are or You're not "Yours"...... truly!
    Indeed I am a regular asshole!..........

OP

Take it to STAGE NONE Immediately! & inspect the equipment I aforementioned..........

Do as I say, not as you think!

NostraJackASS Has Spoken!
    AYE SIR!

Joking aside, i have had the ecu turned over to the stock program, not sure if thats what you meant or you meant throw a stock ecu in there (Unfortunately i dont have a spare at the moment)

When the rain stops i will pull the whole valve cover and timing chain cover off again.

How would i go about checking to see if the valves are in time?

EDIT: i see a post that stan posted on vwvortex, the nothes on each end of the cam have to face eachother, got it. as long as it doesnt rain tomorrow ill check this again.
    Last edited by botscoolnesss; 02-28-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The RTFB.......
    Erwin ......

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    The RTFB.......
    Erwin ......
    I see now,

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sent you a link on the basics and it clearly show the tool installed on top of the head and pins of tool in the slots of both cams.
    All this of coarse with timing marks for timing belt lined up and installed.
    You need the tool you can't just let them look like they face each other.
    I myself would want the tool.

Good Luck

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I pulled it all apart again, didn't see anything out of the ordinary, other than a piece of the failed HPFP stuck in one of the oil valleys in the head(see video link).
    https://youtu.be/FGaAqM2r6Iw

Set the belt to the timing marks on both crank and cam and the Cam's look to be in time( can't tell for sure without the tool)

Cam adjuster checked out good it turns with the Cam's and everything.

14. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That mark in first picture is off........