Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HEX-NET or HEX-V2 Firmware Update Failed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GavGTI View Post
    I'm trying but it might be that I don't have permission to post an image
    No permission is needed, just follow the link Uwe sent - images are NOT posted directly to this site, you copy them to an image sharing website such as Imgur then copy and paste here the direct link to the image on that website (preferably between Img tags).

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm trying

3. Likes GavGTI, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Val!! I hope it's showing why my firmware didn't up date... why the getvin timeout, unable to read versions, interface not found, socket timeout and no files received. I will check back later,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Val!! I hope it's showing why my firmware didn't up date... why the getvin timeout, unable to read versions, interface not found, socket timeout and no files received. I will check back later,
    "getvin timeout" can be ignored during an update.

What kind of computer are you using? Make, model, CPU, RAM, version of Windows?

Unplug the interface from all power. Reboot your computer. Let the computer settle down for 5 minutes after the re-boot.

Plug your interface in to the computer (no car). Describe the behavior of the LEDs on the interface please.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes GavGTI liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was having the same issues as GavGTI, so opened VCIConfig like you suggested. It updated and completed. But, I did use a different port on my laptop and it wouldn't let me save USB port setting until AFTER firmware update. Tried multiple times on port I've always used and nothing. Red blinks on interface. Was telling me I was first time user as well. HP Pavilion dv6 win10 home. All is good now.

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    "getvin timeout" can be ignored during an update.

What kind of computer are you using? Make, model, CPU, RAM, version of Windows?

Unplug the interface from all power. Reboot your computer. Let the computer settle down for 5 minutes after the re-boot.

Plug your interface in to the computer (no car). Describe the behavior of the LEDs on the interface please.

-Uwe-
    I’m using the Microsoft Surface Pro 128,
    Processor: Interl(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz
    1.70GHz.
    Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.89 usable)
    System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1803
    Installed 5/14/2018
    OS build 17134.829

Unplug the interface from all power. Reboot your computer. Let the computer settle down for 5 minutes after the re-boot. I’ve done this many times without success.

When I plug in the interface; The LED blinks green four times and switches to blinking red.
    1.70GHz.
    Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1803
    Installed 5/14/2018
    OS build 17134.829

Unplug the interface from all power. Reboot your computer. Let the computer settle down for 5 minutes after the re-boot. I’ve done this many times without success.

When I plug in the interface; The LED blinks green four times and switches to blinking red.

1.70GHz.
    Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1803
    Installed 5/14/2018
    OS build 17134.829

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks UWe, Success!! updated firmware complete... got the Save button!! both LED Blinking Blue!!
    Thanks again
    GavGTI

11. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

HEX-V2 Firmware Update

Hi Guys,
    I'm new to all of this, first post. I need a little help, so earlier today I tried using the VCDS software. I haven't used it in a few months so I had the older version. And so I updated the software to the most current at the moment (19.6.1). Now I keep getting an error message because my device firmware is out of date and needs to be updated as well. I have tried updating this device for hours.... searched through countless forums, and still no luck. The error message I receive is: Network Error! Unable to contact server. Outgoing TCP Port 11000. Test Result: Fail. I have tried downloading the update even with Antivirus removed, Firewall shut down on computer and Home network, I just cant seem to get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to scan my car all of a sudden it is in limp mode, and I wanted to see why. Thanks!
    Last edited by Abnercruz144; 08-07-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Spelling Error

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also get the same issue when trying last night, tried routing through my mobile instead and the tcp port is listed on the firewall.

Please excuse the bad screen shots

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the servers may be down at the minute, as we're seeing the same error here on machines we use to update interfaces every day.

I'd expect someone at Ross-Tech to give them a kick once America wakes up for the day.

Edit - looks like it may actually be a power issue at Ross-Tech HQ following an accident in the road outside yesterday.
    Thanks to Dana for this update.
    I'm sure the servers will be back up pretty much as soon as the doors open if power and internet has been restored.
    Last edited by Mike@Gendan; 08-08-2019 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Added link
    Apparently I should put something witty or profound in here...

15. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe liked this post