Sticky HEX-NET or HEX-V2 Firmware Update Failed?

T6GSV

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309781
Success!! Thanks

Out of interest why is there not a disaster recovery site?

onebadwedge

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=361248
I was able to update the firmware now. thanks

Reactions: Uwe

samppafin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=344858
hi everyone !
i have this kind of problem with my hex-v2 after updating vcds 18.9.1 to version 19.6.1
see--> https://imgur.com/a/wxOC6Eg
when i connect hex-v2 to my laptop it flashes couple times green led then starts flashing red-yellow-red yellow all the time.
update says my FW version is 0.0 and i cant update it as you can see my screenshots.
everytime when preparing update -> transferring sequence starts again (why?) hex-v2 shuts down and starts again -same like connect it first time to laptop

what can i do to make this work again ?
i allready tried to reinstall vcds several times, tried with 2 other laptops, old vcds version 18.9.1 ,no powersaving for usb port and everything whan i can imagine and read this forum.
cable and software works fine and "like a clock" when i bought it from distributor here in finland april-19

thanks and sorry my bad english :)

Last edited:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi samppafin,

We should have a fix for you in an hour or two. Please bump this back up if you don't hear back from one of us soon.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
hi everyone !
i have this kind of problem with my hex-v2 after updating vcds 18.9.1 to version 19.6.1
see--> https://imgur.com/a/wxOC6Eg
when i connect hex-v2 to my laptop it flashes couple times green led then starts flashing red-yellow-red yellow all the time.
update says my FW version is 0.0 and i cant update it as you can see my screenshots.
everytime when preparing update -> transferring sequence starts again (why?) hex-v2 shuts down and starts again -same like connect it first time to laptop

what can i do to make this work again ?
i allready tried to reinstall vcds several times, tried with 2 other laptops, old vcds version 18.9.1 ,no powersaving for usb port and everything whan i can imagine and read this forum.
cable and software works fine and "like a clock" when i bought it from distributor here in finland april-19

thanks and sorry my bad english :)
Stand by please; this one may take some "adjusting" on the server...

-Uwe-

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Ref to ST?ID=89826

Hi samppafin,

We made a minor server-side change so please reboot everything and try using VCIConfig to update again. In the event that the update is unsuccessful the following screen shots of VCIConfig would be most helpful:
  • After clicking Check for updates
  • After clicking Download update
  • After the update process is finished (or failed)
  • Lastly, one more after Check for updates
You may need to dismiss several unable to read version errors during this process.​

If the update is unsuccessful we are specifically looking to see if VCIConfig shows "No update files received" prior to the transfer looping and/or Version mismatch. At that point we'll have a better grasp on the issue.

On a side note, if you haven't already used another USB wire please try that at some point.

samppafin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=344858
Ref to ST?ID=89826

Hi samppafin,

We made a minor server-side change so please reboot everything and try using VCIConfig to update again. In the event that the update is unsuccessful the following screen shots of VCIConfig would be most helpful:
  • After clicking Check for updates
  • After clicking Download update
  • After the update process is finished (or failed)
  • Lastly, one more after Check for updates
You may need to dismiss several unable to read version errors during this process.​

If the update is unsuccessful we are specifically looking to see if VCIConfig shows "No update files received" prior to the transfer looping and/or Version mismatch. At that point we'll have a better grasp on the issue.

On a side note, if you haven't already used another USB wire please try that at some point.

https://imgur.com/a/xeFeFI8 (sorry,downloaded imgur first and second pictures wrong way)
continous loop again like last time, tried also another usb wire, no changes

Last edited:

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi samppafin,

Thanks for the photos. Unfortunately it doesn't look like this can be fixed in the field. I'll contact your distributor with a RA number so you can work with them locally getting that HEX-V2 (10 VIN) replaced under warranty with another unit. If you don't hear from your distributor before the weekend don't hesitate to send an e-mail to Support or bump this thread up.

Best,
Dana

Edit: Ref to ST?ID=89826, RET?ID=6159 and RMA Number 190829RA1

Last edited:

samppafin

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=344858
Hi samppafin,

Thanks for the photos. Unfortunately it doesn't look like this can be fixed in the field. I'll contact your distributor with a RA number so you can work with them locally getting that HEX-V2 (10 VIN) replaced under warranty with another unit. If you don't hear from your distributor before the weekend don't hesitate to send an e-mail to Support or bump this thread up.

Best,
Dana

Edit: Ref to ST?ID=89826, RET?ID=6159 and RMA Number 190829RA1

Thx for trying anyway ,this is what i call customer service !

Scott Evil

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=87945
Hello everyone, reading this thread has assisted me in getting through a FW update on my HEX-NET. However, it keeps stopping at the DS update. I receive Error code -8, download failed

After checking for updates, I see this:

Checking for updates...
Update found!
DS: 10000048
Features:
* New chassis and label data

DS: 00000050
Features:
* Improvements to update pages

DS: 60000055
Features:
* New rod and label data
* Support for ROD clear option

When I click download update, it says checking rods, no rods found.
Next the progress bar fills green and says Building SD Update... and the Error code -8 message shows.

Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

MA93I30.png

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Could you point me in the right direction?
If you're using that HEX-NET with the Windows version of VCDS, the lack of a DS update does not matter; it's only relevant to VCDS-Mobile.

That said, I'm not seeing any obvious reason for this problem on our end. If you use VCDS-Mobile, try doing the update directly in VCDS-Mobile (the HEX-NET needs to be in Infrastructure Mode on a WiFi network that allows it to have internet access).

-Uwe-

Scott Evil

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=87945
Uwe,

Thanks. I took your advice and shut everything down for about an hour, drank two pints of Guinness and the update finished just fine. Back in business. I have no explanation why the update didn't complete in one process. It is ok now.

DIRTYDUBS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345527
Hi...I am having the same problems with the firmware update for my Hex-V2. I have tried 2 computers both with fresh and up to date installs of vcds 19.6.1 x64.I have rebooted my router and tried turning off firewall just for download and still no joy.It says, interface not found and also version mismatch detected I have copied a link with imgur for you to hopefully work out what is happening.....Thank You...
https://imgur.com/a/cHTrm58

Mike@Gendan

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57030
Hi...I am having the same problems with the firmware update for my Hex-V2. I have tried 2 computers both with fresh and up to date installs of vcds 19.6.1 x64.I have rebooted my router and tried turning off firewall just for download and still no joy.It says, interface not found and also version mismatch detected I have copied a link with imgur for you to hopefully work out what is happening.....Thank You...
https://imgur.com/a/cHTrm58

Ross-Tech are investigating the version mismatch error at the moment, as we've reported a couple of cases to them too.

If the problem is what they think it may be, they are hoping for a fix (which should happen server-side, so nothing you would need to do apart from waiting for it to be implemented) in the next few days.

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi Nick,

We should have that issue resolved at this time. You may have to update twice, perhaps with unable to read version errors, in order to firstly recover the FW and secondly to recover the CB. Do let us know if you have any issues!

Alex P

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=349901
Hex-V2 communication error after software update

Hi,
Sorry that this is my first post and asking for help at the same time but I seem to be having a similar issue after updating the software to the latest version today, the update went okay on the PC but now it's telling me there's a firmware update available but when I try to update is says all up to date. I have a no communication error when trying to access any modules but it does find the interface when plugged in to the PC using the VCI config
The lead is a HEX-V2 and bought from Gendan in the UK.
I don't seem to be able to post some screenshots of the errors
Https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17glzhWB1P_mNdz1WMW0ucVWREwWstYla

Thanks in advance.
Alex.

Last edited:

Badboy99

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=151164
There seems to be a global issue with the updates.

In the german VCDS forum there are similar feedbacks.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi,
Sorry that this is my first post and asking for help at the same time but I seem to be having a similar issue after updating the software to the latest version today, the update went okay on the PC but now it's telling me there's a firmware update available but when I try to update is says all up to date. I have a no communication error when trying to access any modules but it does find the interface when plugged in to the PC using the VCI config
The lead is a HEX-V2 and bought from Gendan in the UK.
I don't seem to be able to post some screenshots of the errors
Https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17glzhWB1P_mNdz1WMW0ucVWREwWstYla
Yes, I can see your interface should be getting an update. I believe the problem is on our end. We migrated the update database to new hardware and a newer version of MySQL yesterday, and I've seen a couple of similar reports. So I've tried some updates here myself and get the same thing, "You are up to date" when I can see the interfaces in question clearly are not.

I'm confident this can be fixed, but I don't know what or how long it's going to take to fix it. I would hope we can get it resolved by Monday. A temporary work-around would to to uninstall the VCDS you currently have and install an older one that will work with the firmware currently in your interface. Shoot me a PM if you need help with that.

-Uwe-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
There seems to be a global issue with the updates.
In the german VCDS forum there are similar feedbacks.
We think this is fixed now.

-Uwe-

Back