Driver Profile Select (MK7)

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
I took my time, sourced all the info, and parts and did the installation of the Drivers Profile Select Switch (Mode button beside the shifter)

Everything seems to be perfect, But...

My BCM is 5Q0 937 087 AN. And when I try to do coding it says that it doesn't support coding.

I was able to do the rest of the VCDS coding without a problem. But it is in the BCM that I code it to "Drive Select Button Installed" on Byte 15 Bit 5.

So, pressing the button does nothing.

Tomorrow the car goes in to have the ODIS coding done, I hope that solves THAT issue.

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
Also, now the Traction Control button does NOT turn orange. But I cant remember if it did before though.

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
If your BCM has only zeroes for coding, changes are not done in coding but in adaptations...

DJAlix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=238277
"Drivers Profile" is SWaP (software as a product) and can only be activated via ODIS, but your SVN process might fail if the related systems have errors. Might be an idea to revert your changes.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^ ^^ hmm..............for mk7 FL BCMs with a zero code-string, there is an adaptation channel called IDE06507-MAS13132-Button in center console-Function of button 3 and the setting on the unit in my database is Driving program - might be relevant (perhaps)

Don

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
Its not all 0'S. Its a grey screen saying does not support coding. I will try adaptation "IDE06507-MAS13132-Button in center console-Function of button"

And report back.

Thank you.

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
^^ ^^ hmm..............for mk7 FL BCMs with a zero code-string, there is an adaptation channel called IDE06507-MAS13132-Button in center console-Function of button 3 and the setting on the unit in my database is Driving program - might be relevant (perhaps)

Don

That worked somewhat. Now the button turns orange for a moment. But my eve button does not turn orange. I have read that it may not due to it having a long press to disable stability too.

Now to see how ODIS likes it all. My dealers never done something like this. So its a learning experience for us all

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
The problem was, that when I used VCDS to activate the "Display Profile on MFD" the BCM said "this device does not support coding". So, I was not able to follow the guide for the VCDS portion of the retrofit. The car is at the dealer right now, it will be doing the FEC / SWaP activation or installation. They have never done something like this, or so they say. The paperwork I got with the retrofit kit, did not come with an FEC activation code, so that worries me.

Also, today they are installing a MK7 GTI Cluster with a full color MFD for me. They have no problem with removing component protection and making the cluster work... They are unsure if they can match the ODO on the cluster to the actual ODO of the car. I know there are places that CAN do it, I may have to seek help from them.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
They can only change mileage if it's lower than 100km.

Reactions: Uwe

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
I HOPE my dealer will know this and get me the codes I need. Thanks a ton. This has been extremely helpful.

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
My dealer called,

FeC, and Authorization code is no where to be found. All the coding was done, but no authorization.

They also won't do the cluster swap because they have never done it before, and don't want to break anything taking it apart. Just to not be able to roll back the milage. they also don't know how to code it in.

I think... I may need to find a more knowledgeable dealership.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
If your new cluster is not EXACTLY the same part number as old one they cannot use ODIS guided functions to do the swap. What they CAN do is go to dashboard module in ODIS and choose IMMO adaptation. Then just adapt both keys to your new cluster.

You need to manually transfer the coding and all the adaptations from the old cluster. Easy peasy :) Just make sure to export the coding and full adaptation map from old dashboard before swap.

And like said earlier, if the cluster has more than 100km on the clock, the mileage cannot be changed anymore. If you're swapping a completely new cluster, no problems there.

Been there done that so I know exactly the process that works :D

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
Its a used cluster, I accept that. I will just wait until my cars milage is VERY close to the one on the cluster, and do the swap then.

What I dont like is that the dealer is pretty much refusing becasue "They have never done it before"

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Just out of interest - can you post-up an auto-scan of your car in its current state?

Don

George Ab

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=232965
The part number for the FeC for driving modes is 5G0054809. It can be purchased here: http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/vw-audi-seat-skoda/vw-audi-seat-skoda-5g0054809-software/ Then installed via ODIS with account.

Excellent explanation on SWap and FeC here: http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30577

For reference, these are the FeC’s I know of:
5G0054830A - App-Connect
5G0054809 - Driving Modes.
5G0054802 - Voice Activation.
5G0054802A - Voice Activation with Navigation.
5G0054801 - Driver Alert.

Hotwire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325244
My dealer was unwilling to swap out my cluster. they said they didn't want to scratch up the trim.

I have a "Friend" looking into the SWaP and FeC info for me. I have ODIS and a cable for that purpose.

thanks, I hope I get better results that way.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
My dealer was unwilling to swap out my cluster. they said they didn't want to scratch up the trim.
Really?? How they are then swapping clusters when there's a real failure?

I have a "Friend" looking into the SWaP and FeC info for me. I have ODIS and a cable for that purpose.

It is not enough. You need online connection with ODIS. The SWaP and FeC are installed through factory server so you need authentic ODIS and VASxxxx cable + you need working subscription as an approved garage to FaZIT system.

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
If your new cluster is not EXACTLY the same part number as old one they cannot use ODIS guided functions to do the swap. What they CAN do is go to dashboard module in ODIS and choose IMMO adaptation. Then just adapt both keys to your new cluster.

You need to manually transfer the coding and all the adaptations from the old cluster. Easy peasy :) Just make sure to export the coding and full adaptation map from old dashboard before swap.

And like said earlier, if the cluster has more than 100km on the clock, the mileage cannot be changed anymore. If you're swapping a completely new cluster, no problems there.

Been there done that so I know exactly the process that works :D

I'm not sure if that's true....I have seen a 2014 Golf R instrument cluster changed to Active Info Display by using the 'replace component' function in ODIS.
It copied all of the coding, adaptation and mileage, immo etc to the VW servers, then asked to put in the new cluster, then copied all the data back to the new cluster. It was of course a brand new cluster with 0km on the Odo. I didn't do it myself but I watched the procedure.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
I had my Leon's cluster swapped to newer one. Original was from 2013, new was 2016, brand new 0km cluster. Completely different part number. ODIS rejected Guided function immediately by giving incompatible HW version notification. So we went to manual procedure from that point. IMMO adaptation which adapts the keys + removes CP was done with ODIS + FaZIT connection. Then manually inputted coding, adaptations etc. to the cluster with VCDS.

And I watched the whole process as well and did the manual part myself as I wanted to make sure that mileage etc. are EXACTLY like in the old cluster.

Maybe if the cluster is new enough, the guided function will work? Mine was without J&C crypto scheme and new one was J&C crypto.

Back