Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver Profile Select (MK7)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Driver Profile Select (MK7)

I took my time, sourced all the info, and parts and did the installation of the Drivers Profile Select Switch (Mode button beside the shifter)

Everything seems to be perfect, But...

My BCM is 5Q0 937 087 AN. And when I try to do coding it says that it doesn't support coding.

I was able to do the rest of the VCDS coding without a problem. But it is in the BCM that I code it to "Drive Select Button Installed" on Byte 15 Bit 5.

So, pressing the button does nothing.

Tomorrow the car goes in to have the ODIS coding done, I hope that solves THAT issue.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, now the Traction Control button does NOT turn orange. But I cant remember if it did before though.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If your BCM has only zeroes for coding, changes are not done in coding but in adaptations...
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

Post Thanks / Like
    "Drivers Profile" is SWaP (software as a product) and can only be activated via ODIS, but your SVN process might fail if the related systems have errors. Might be an idea to revert your changes.
    VAG Car Coding
    Adaptation | Coding | Diagnostic | Retrofit - London, United Kingdom

Authorised VW Group Services Provider and Independent Repairer
    @vagcarcoding

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^ ^^ hmm..............for mk7 FL BCMs with a zero code-string, there is an adaptation channel called IDE06507-MAS13132-Button in center console-Function of button 3 and the setting on the unit in my database is Driving program - might be relevant (perhaps)

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

6. Likes Uwe, Hotwire liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not all 0'S. Its a grey screen saying does not support coding. I will try adaptation "IDE06507-MAS13132-Button in center console-Function of button"

And report back.

Thank you.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^ ^^ hmm..............for mk7 FL BCMs with a zero code-string, there is an adaptation channel called IDE06507-MAS13132-Button in center console-Function of button 3 and the setting on the unit in my database is Driving program - might be relevant (perhaps)

Don
    That worked somewhat. Now the button turns orange for a moment. But my eve button does not turn orange. I have read that it may not due to it having a long press to disable stability too.

Now to see how ODIS likes it all. My dealers never done something like this. So its a learning experience for us all

Post Thanks / Like
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...line-quot-Mk-7

What is so difficult?
    Check the cruise retrofit guide, Drive Select activation is same procedure.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

10. Likes Hotwire liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem was, that when I used VCDS to activate the "Display Profile on MFD" the BCM said "this device does not support coding". So, I was not able to follow the guide for the VCDS portion of the retrofit. The car is at the dealer right now, it will be doing the FEC / SWaP activation or installation. They have never done something like this, or so they say. The paperwork I got with the retrofit kit, did not come with an FEC activation code, so that worries me.

Also, today they are installing a MK7 GTI Cluster with a full color MFD for me. They have no problem with removing component protection and making the cluster work... They are unsure if they can match the ODO on the cluster to the actual ODO of the car. I know there are places that CAN do it, I may have to seek help from them.

Post Thanks / Like
    They can only change mileage if it's lower than 100km.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

13. Likes Uwe liked this post