Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Tiguan AD1 2.0 BiTDI CUAA

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Decided to put this retrofit on hold as the reason VW (and Audi) stopped offering TV Tuners in EU vehicles since 2016 is because DVB-T broadcasts are going offline in favor of DVB-T2 somewhere between now and 2020. The 2018 Audi A8 is the first to feature a new DVB-T2 tuner, but i'd rather wait until they release a VW with one of those.
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just noticed one of the channels in 09 that shouldnt be quite right;

IDE00002-Transport mode,active ,1

Everything works fine. What does a control unit do differently when transport mode is active?
    Current:

3. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tom,

I was scrolling through this thread (Direct TPMS research, your maps were helpful!) and noticed the IDE00002-Transport mode,active ,1 observation. I also noticed that enabled/on in my 2017 SEL Alltrack and the current 2018 S Alltrack I have. I firstly suspected the PDIs were not done properly but then I searched this sub-forum and there were a lot of MQBs with it enabled.

2018 I currently own:
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post139029

2017 (RIP, VW buy-back):
    https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...ll=1#post82825

I think I noticed that channel (magically?) Off in more recent times while tweaking unrelated channels in 09 but I would need to verify. Like Transport mode, that may disable itself after a certain time/mile limit. I'll post here if I have anything else to add but I also found that very suspicions when I noticed it.

5. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dana,

I don't know if it's still on right now. Drove a little over 32000 miles this year so I think any mile-related stuff would have triggered by now. Unfortunately I am extremely busy lately so I haven't really had any time to linger around any forums. Will get better in a month or 2 though.

Ill drop another admap of 09 when I have the time but I suspect its still on. Behaviour of the car however does not suggest transport mode is active. It tends to disable all switch illumination and the window switches about 10 minutes after ignition off without opening the door, but the radio will always turn back on if I press the power button. The car also still responds to keyless commands regardless of how long its been idle, and also still responds to (status)requests made by the car-net app. What I havent tried is simply changing the channel to off in adaptations, might give that a try.
    Current: