Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WaWa?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

WaWa?

WaWa is a very well known and respected chain of convenience stores/gas stations around the Philadelphia area (at large)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wawa_Inc.
    But...
    http://www.phillymag.com/foobooz/201...decline/?amp=1
    What Happened to the Wawa Hoagie?
    Asking others at the office I see I'm not the only one to have lost my appetite for what's offered there. Anyone else? Die-hard fans still loving it?
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped at a WaWa near Allentown on my way south back in December. Never been to one before, but diuretics and morning travel do not mix.

When I was done blowing the bilge, I wanted to pick up a simple bagel with butter. To say that the busy store's layout was confusing to a stranger from Quick Chek land (similar chain from a neighboring region) would be an understatement. By the time that I fought my way to an ordering touchscreen kiosk, I had to go back for round two in the driver's lounge. If I had ordered something, I could have been in Virginia before it was ready for pickup!

On my way out the door (hungry and empty-handed), I spotted a display of pre-made breakfast items under heat lamps near the door. One of the choices was a bagel with pork roll (Taylor ham), which deconstructed would get me a (mushy) bagel plus some potted meat (that I can't eat) to make Blizzard the OCD psycho weather dog happy. That crappy breakfast sandwich cost me almost five bucks! When I climbed back into the Mighty Dodge, I broke off a piece of the pork roll and gave it to Blizzard. He turned his nose up at it and refused to eat it! I broke off another piece and sampled it, to see if it was rancid. It tasted OK, but couldn't hold a candle to pork roll sandwiches that I made in my younger days when I could eat the stuff.

Long story short, I'm casting two "nay" votes for WaWa after only one visit.....

3. Likes Eric, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wawa has gone down hill. the only time i really go is when i want soup. They tend to have a larger soup selection than the other places around here.

5. Likes Eric, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean seriously......... gas station sandwich's and un-showered unknown citizen status of employees & you expect what?

I went into a WAWA a few times and I have to say they are not clean in comparison to the Quick Check, but I can't say that QC eats are anything desirable either right?

Stop for gas and piss breaks at a gas station, get food at a restaurant or pack a bag lunch.

A gas station is always going to be a gas station ..........

You can polish a pile of golden shit with glitter and shine, but its is still a pile of shit & has a fly problem, so does WAWA right?

Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 02-01-2018 at 09:20 AM.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

7. Likes Eric liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    I mean seriously......... gas station sandwich's and un-showered unknown citizen status of employees & you expect what?
    The gas station up the street has a full deli that makes awesome sandwiches. Can't knock all gas station food... It's my go to place for scrapple/egg sandwiches.

9. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos View Post
    It's my go to place for scrapple/egg sandwiches.
    Scrapple! It's made from the meat that wasn't fit to be used in Spam!
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

11. Likes vreihen, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Scrapple! It's made from the meat that wasn't fit to be used in Spam!
    Fried spam with italian bread... Breakfast of champions.

13. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos View Post
    The gas station up the street has a full deli that makes awesome sandwiches. Can't knock all gas station food... It's my go to place for scrapple/egg sandwiches.

Yeah but they charge more up front, and also nickel and dime you for the simplest things on your sandwich.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well not all WaWas are gas stations. The one around the corner from RTHQ is just a store on a (very shitty) parking lot.
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

16. Likes vreihen liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well not all WaWas are gas stations. The one around the corner from RTHQ is just a store on a (very shitty) parking lot.
    Okay so a shitty place on a shitty parking lot and no gas........ need I ask more?
    At least with all these questions this thread question of WAWA it just couldn't be considered incendiary?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........