Thread: MK7 Golf Climate Windscreen Retrofit

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

MK7 Golf Climate Windscreen Retrofit

Hi guys - has anybody retrofitted a climate windscreen to a MK7 golf? (Basically a heated windscreen) I would like to understand wiring and any associated controllers (plus coding of course). No Autoscan yet, will post later.

Thanks!

2. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking into it as I have to replace the windscreen anyway to retrofit the Lane Assist camera.

the wiring is basic, one wire from the BCM goes to the engine fusebox to trigger a relay that will power the windscreen. there will be no actual button for the feature, you activate it through the radio on the Climatronic menu.

coding should be easy as well, I think the Long Coding talks about the option for both 08 and 09 modules.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one from the factory on my MQB tiguan. If your golf has a MIB 2.5 and a adaptations only/zero coding BCM i suspect it will be quite similar regarding coding/adaptations.

See here.
    Current:
    2018 Tiguan AD Highline 2.0 BiTDI 240hp > Stage 1+ 328hp
    2016 Polo 6C Highline 1.0 TSI 105hp

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the insight, it will be of some inspiration, but I have an old BCM with coding.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JS3 View Post
    Hi guys - has anybody retrofitted a climate windscreen to a MK7 golf? (Basically a heated windscreen) I would like to understand wiring and any associated controllers (plus coding of course). No Autoscan yet, will post later.

Thanks!
    JS3: hi To add to the advice that has already been given- it doesn't look like rocket science from a WD perspective (see below), albeit I haven't done the retrofit personally.

As you can see - besides the wiring loom, you will also need to install a relay to control the comparatively large electrical current (the BCM can't do this directly). I reckon the first task in the project (before you spend bucks buying the various bits-and-pieces) is to check whether your current BCM has Pin #26, Socket A physically populated. This is a pretty-good indicator that your BCM can accommodate a heated windscreen function. Of course, if this pin is missing the task becomes more complex (including the dreaded job of clearing Component Protection errors)

Don

VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

7. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post