Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 VW Jetta MK6 Bi-Xenon Converson

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, so I've removed the lights and tested each pin I was able to find the side lights (pin14) but no DRLs still. Is there anything inside the lights I can check for this? I'm believing it's the headlight at fault here...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    for drl to light up you need power to pins 10 & 12, and ground to pin 5 & 7

3. Likes vapor.rob, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey M87a, You wouldn't believe i just studied the electrical diagram and figured that out lol, thanks for the info. I was able to get the lights working but i wired pin 10 & 12 on the 14pin harness side to pin 10 & 4 on the 10pin harness. I'm getting my park lights and DRLs but i enabled the feature to turn off the DRLs while the indicators are on and it only works while the parking lights are on the off position.

Would like this to also work with the park lights on but it seems like pin 4 on the 10pin harness side turns off while the park lights are on and the DRLs requires 2 power inputs.

If i cant get this working i will accept this as is. I'm just happy to have DRLs now

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you just need to figure out correct byte 18 for drl to work properly, i cant really recommend any good value for jetta since it's a bit of a mystery for byte 18 coding

6. Likes vapor.rob liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by m87a View Post
    you just need to figure out correct byte 18 for drl to work properly, i cant really recommend any good value for jetta since it's a bit of a mystery for byte 18 coding
    hmm ok ok, im really hesitant to mess with the byte 18, but it works fine and i have no faults so i will live with it

8. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post