MAF Troubles mk4 TDI

Beerbaron

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303783
I'm starting to think my car is cursed lol ok I'll see if I can explain with going on to long. About a year ago I got the old p0101 code and just assumed it was the MAF so I changed but still couldn't get rid of the code. Fast forward to a month ago I had a feeling about the MAF that maybe it was the wrong one , sure enough it was for a gas engine ( I know I should have checked before I installed it) so I swapped my old one in and the car ran better for a about two weeks then it was all down hill from there. I'm guessing the MAF gave up the ghost and put the car in limp mode so I unplugged it and the car runs fine not as much power but runs at least. So I bought a new one (the right one this time) put it in and the car runs like crap with no bottom end power, I checked to flow rate and it was at 220mg/St so I thought maybe it was screwed and exchanged it and the same thing. With the MAF unplugged it's at 550 but never changes , with the one from the gas engine it idles around 530 and goes up as it should but I'm guessing not as high as it should. Does anyone have any idea why the wrong MAF works and the right one doesn't?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not all Mk.4 cars are identical. Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

Any mods?

Wiring been checked, connectors carefully inspected, grounds verified?

-Uwe-

Beerbaron

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=303783
Not all Mk.4 cars are identical. Please post an Auto-Scan for context.

Any mods?

Wiring been checked, connectors carefully inspected, grounds verified?

-Uwe-

Sorry for the lack of info , I copied and pasted for a different thread and thought I had the car info in it that was my bad. I'll try and post a scan as soon as I can too. The car is an 05 Jetta TDI , it has a NVT 17 , EGR and cooler delete, a custom Malone tune and nothing else done to the engine. I'm going to recheck the wiring today hopefully I just assumed (I know never assume) that since the gasser MAF worked that the wiring was fine. I do have a small boost leak I'm just waiting for the parts to get here to fix it. The only engine code I throws is a p0101. Is there anything other than the wiring that would cause the right MAF to not work and the gasser one to work? I'm new to this whole TDI and scan stuff here is there and of the measure blocks that I should look at and I could show that would help?

Back