2008 Touareg: TPMS turn off?

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
So it's winter...it's cold and the sensors don't like to talk to the transmitter or whatever and my OCD wants the yellow tire off.

I see when I hook it up under the LONG CODE HELPER there is an option to turn off the TPMS. What this does is gives me the option in the MIS to now have an option to turn it off. I do...light goes out and 1 minute later it comes back on, then the box is checked again for TPMS in the MIS.

Am I missing something to make the option "stick" in the programming? Any one have any experience that is comfortable giving advice on this?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Am I missing something to make the option "stick" in the programming? Any one have any experience that is comfortable giving advice on this?
Yes, you are missing some thing(s). But due liability concerns, Ross-Tech is not going to give you step-by-step instructions to disable a safety system that was mandatory by 2008. Maybe check some T'reg specific places for the info you seek?

-Uwe-

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
Yes, you are missing some thing(s). But due liability concerns, Ross-Tech is not going to give you step-by-step instructions to disable a safety system that was mandatory by 2008. Maybe check some T'reg specific places for the info you seek?

-Uwe-

So...

Can we assume my issues with understanding how to make long codes saved in the system in systemic and if I started another thread with some non-specifics I could be helped?

I'm on two Touareg forms with the same question. No help yet on my specifics although I have to admit I have not read every conceivable thread on custom coding. Sometimes the answer you need is hidden in an unrelated topic.

AndySwede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172802
Maybe look in Phaeton or A8 forums aswell as they share a lot of electronics :thumbs:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
Maybe look in Phaeton or A8 forums aswell as they share a lot of electronics :thumbs:

Thanks, although I had to laugh some. Nothing like look for success with the somewhat rare T2 Touareg then with the 10x more rare Phaeton!

I'll take it that asking a more generic question on the forums will not answer my need. Boo.

AndySwede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172802
I don´t know how you use Google but all info is out there and sometimes you really need to spend some time reading a looooooooot of pages.
I´m not where my documentation is, but from memory it´s as simple as recode TPMS module, pull the fuse, refresh Gateway or recode Gateway. Maybe this "step by step" is incorrect, but these steps need to be done.

carboncow

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=266014
I don´t know how you use Google but all info is out there and sometimes you really need to spend some time reading a looooooooot of pages.
I´m not where my documentation is, but from memory it´s as simple as recode TPMS module, pull the fuse, refresh Gateway or recode Gateway. Maybe this "step by step" is incorrect, but these steps need to be done.

Thanks for the education....and also it's when the answer is not obvious or the ones out there don't apply to your model you hope someone with exact experience and understanding can help.

Those obvious solutions that come from searching or read looooooots of pages don't see to apply to the T2 and I believe the Phaeton has more in common with the T1...and the who knows on the T3.

I've pulled the fuse, recoded with same value, made it so there is a check box in the MIS and then unchecked it...and it comes back every time. I have no interest in pulling the module so here I am.

AndySwede

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=172802
Well the solution is not always obvious. This har worked on a 2004 Phaeton and 2005 Touareg and I did it myself. Possible software change in a 2008 could be one issue. Are you sure you recoded 0x07 and 0x19 and made a refresh on 0x19? Why not try disconnect the module?

Back