Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hex-Net for RoW?

Post Thanks / Like

Hex-Net for RoW?

Hi

What do you think when does Hex-Net come out of Beta and will be available for RoW?

Friend already talked of buying it when he goes on vacation to states and bringing it back with him, because using it with iPad should be more comfortable than using it with Mac.
    Told him, that isn't a good idea.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    What do you think when does Hex-Net come out of Beta and will be available for RoW?
    RT have been asked many times, and historically have declined to state a timeline other than "later this year". This sort of product is impossible to fully test in-house; there's just too many different kinds of cars they won't have direct access to. That's what the Beta is for.

I can tell you about my personal experiences with HEX-NET and VCDS Desktop:

• I got my HEX-NET in late April. To be brutally honest, I had to keep my HEX-USB+CAN as my go-to interface.
    • In May, HEX-NET became my go-to interface but I mainly had to stick with USB-wired mode.
    • In June, HEX-NET via WiFi was mostly usable at short range in virtual AP mode, and was less cranky with my Phaeton.
    • In July, long-range WiFi performance was greatly improved, and HEX-NET started massively outperforming HEX-USB+CAN on modern UDS cars.
    • In August, the very last of my personally-known meaningful vehicle communication bugs was fixed, and WiFi got even better.
    • In September, even my cosmetic-only vehicle bugs went away.

So, my personal and totally-not-RT-endorsed opinion is we'll see Desktop out of Beta sooner rather than later. Mobile is another matter, but Uwe has stated they may split off Mobile into its own Beta, which would make sense.

Jason

3. Likes Uwe, jakematic, Yanping, Gizmo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes of course there are a lot vehicles for in house testing, but we have cars in europe and RoW region too

Don't take me as cranky customer, just another great product, people just can't wait for it.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda

5. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have made a clear statement towards our distributors world wide while we met them at Automechanika Frankfurt last week. The roll our hasn't started yet but I can say that a pace is set and you should see things happening within the last months of 2014. Now as usual, it isn't done until it's done but this is what I know at the time of this post.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

7. Likes jyoung8607, jakematic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Update: We expect to make it a "released product" as an interface for the classic Windows-based VCDS software this fall, hopefully in October or November, but in any case, before the year is out.

However, VCDS-Mobile, which is what one would use on non-Windows platforms will remain in Beta for a while longer. I can't say right now how long it will take before we consider that a released product.

Now if anyone outside the US, who is an active member of this forum (such as golfi_vend) wants to one in the meanwhile, and understands that we still consider it a Beta, I think we can accommodate them.

-Uwe-

9. Likes jyoung8607, jakematic, Gizmo, Cristian G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeey thumbs up.

This is what i like. But i have to think about it, short notices aren't really my things.
    But time will show. Probably i really want it.

11. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe, jakematic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Update:

Now if anyone outside the US, who is an active member of this forum (such as golfi_vend) wants to one in the meanwhile, and understands that we still consider it a Beta, I think we can accommodate them.

-Uwe-

How do we go about this Uwe??

13. Likes andyvee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Give us some time to work something out.
    Sebastian @ Ross-Tech.com // VCDS Rookie since 2003

»Nichts erweitert das eigene Wissen mehr,
    als die Meinung eines Andersdenkenden.«

15. Likes Gizmo, jyoung8607, andyvee, Cristian G liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Give us some time to work something out.
    Any update on this Sebastian?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering (like Gizmo) if there was any release dates for the HEX-NET for any of us outside the U.S? I was looking to get one for my workshop to hook up a wireless diagnostic setup.

Thanks

Paul

18. Likes Uwe liked this post