Hex-Net for RoW?

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Hi

What do you think when does Hex-Net come out of Beta and will be available for RoW?

Friend already talked of buying it when he goes on vacation to states and bringing it back with him, because using it with iPad should be more comfortable than using it with Mac.
Told him, that isn't a good idea.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
What do you think when does Hex-Net come out of Beta and will be available for RoW?
RT have been asked many times, and historically have declined to state a timeline other than "later this year". This sort of product is impossible to fully test in-house; there's just too many different kinds of cars they won't have direct access to. That's what the Beta is for.

I can tell you about my personal experiences with HEX-NET and VCDS Desktop:

• I got my HEX-NET in late April. To be brutally honest, I had to keep my HEX-USB+CAN as my go-to interface.
  • In May, HEX-NET became my go-to interface but I mainly had to stick with USB-wired mode.
  • In June, HEX-NET via WiFi was mostly usable at short range in virtual AP mode, and was less cranky with my Phaeton.
  • In July, long-range WiFi performance was greatly improved, and HEX-NET started massively outperforming HEX-USB+CAN on modern UDS cars.
  • In August, the very last of my personally-known meaningful vehicle communication bugs was fixed, and WiFi got even better.
  • In September, even my cosmetic-only vehicle bugs went away.
So, my personal and totally-not-RT-endorsed opinion is we'll see Desktop out of Beta sooner rather than later. Mobile is another matter, but Uwe has stated they may split off Mobile into its own Beta, which would make sense.

Jason

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Yes of course there are a lot vehicles for in house testing, but we have cars in europe and RoW region too :D

Don't take me as cranky customer, just another great product, people just can't wait for it. ;)

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
We have made a clear statement towards our distributors world wide while we met them at Automechanika Frankfurt last week. The roll our hasn't started yet but I can say that a pace is set and you should see things happening within the last months of 2014. Now as usual, it isn't done until it's done but this is what I know at the time of this post. :)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Update: We expect to make it a "released product" as an interface for the classic Windows-based VCDS software this fall, hopefully in October or November, but in any case, before the year is out.

However, VCDS-Mobile, which is what one would use on non-Windows platforms will remain in Beta for a while longer. I can't say right now how long it will take before we consider that a released product.

Now if anyone outside the US, who is an active member of this forum (such as golfi_vend) wants to one in the meanwhile, and understands that we still consider it a Beta, I think we can accommodate them.

-Uwe-

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
Yeey thumbs up.

This is what i like. But i have to think about it, short notices aren't really my things.
But time will show. Probably i really want it. :)

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Update:

Now if anyone outside the US, who is an active member of this forum (such as golfi_vend) wants to one in the meanwhile, and understands that we still consider it a Beta, I think we can accommodate them.

-Uwe-

How do we go about this Uwe??

dubTECH

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=104757
Hi guys,

I was just wondering (like Gizmo) if there was any release dates for the HEX-NET for any of us outside the U.S? I was looking to get one for my workshop to hook up a wireless diagnostic setup.

Thanks

Paul

Reactions: Uwe

ConD

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=82663
What is the current situation wit RoW HEX-NET:s? RT website-shop does not state "For US Customers only" anymore:

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/VCHN.html

I've been waiting for HEX-NET for a while, and i have asked Finnish dealer do they know anything about HEX-NET arrival date, but so far with no further information to share. :P

My HEX-USB+CAN is working fine, but my laptop isn't brand new anymore... I mean slow as hell. I have couple of pad's and cellphones i could use HEX-NET and some patience also to work with "almost beta" kind of hardware. :D

Care to share any thoughts? Should i order one by myself from you and hope for the best, or do you ship them via dealers in nearby future? Thanks anyway!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Correct, we have removed the "US Customers Only" restriction, so you can order one directly from us if you wish.

We expect to begin selling via resellers early next year. However, we expect our resellers to demonstrate some level of competence with the product before we allow them to carry it. Some have done this, others have not.

-Uwe-

ConD

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=82663
Thank you for this information!

Finland has only 1 "verified" reseller, and they don't answer me at all. Maybe, because selling VCDS isn't their main business... Not looking good in that way.

I'll have to think about ordering directly from you. X-mas is messing up my bank account balance since kids want to have "all the cool toys". How about father's toys? :D

Gizmo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=49193
Correct, we have removed the "US Customers Only" restriction, so you can order one directly from us if you wish.

We expect to begin selling via resellers early next year. However, we expect our resellers to demonstrate some level of competence with the product before we allow them to carry it. Some have done this, others have not.

-Uwe-

Any idea when the UK resellers will be able to order HEX-NET?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
No. Every time I've given a date for something associated with this, I've come to regret it, so I refuse to do that anymore.

-Uwe-

Back