GTI clubsport (3 door) - Kessy retrofit (AU) chasis

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Thanks Uwe,
Can any one help me reading the kessy wiring diagram , specifically those wires that end up with numbers , those are connected to what ??

https://imgur.com/a/SA7sc

There is a couple of videos on here that give you a basic understanding of how to read wiring diagrams.
https://youtu.be/jKnTjuSmwaE
https://youtu.be/bMn0i-yHhSA

If you've never done this before I'd suggest not starting on with a KESSY retrofit. It's as big a job as almost a total dismantle of the car.

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
Are there no background checks required? And documentation to be kept for each query/transaction? In the US, it is also possible for an independent garage to get GeKo access, but they must first get qualified as a Vehicle Security Professional by an independent association (see here) and are required to keep detailed records of each security-related access.
-Uwe-

This is not required in the UK. Anyone who is an independent garage can buy the equipment and register for a GEKO access. The only reason only a handful of people actually bother is due to the high cost of a VW approved J533 passthrough and software. It's far cheaper just going to the franchaised dealership. Then there's the ongoing fees etc

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
I did the kessy retrofit and if there's one thing I learned, it's to listen to spacewalker.

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Along the bottom of the WD are numbers, the wires go to the wire at the matching number location(s).

Thank you man , I got it
appreciate your help

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
I did the kessy retrofit and if there's one thing I learned, it's to listen to spacewalker.

Do you mean not to do it ??!!
Is there any specific comment ?
Did you regret doing it ? And why
It’s useful feature, I know it’s a big job , but finally it’s a great feeling doing it.

Are the polo 6r guy ???!

Spacewalker

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=159607
Try edit your latest post and add new message , dont wrinte new next to old one , you makieng mess here

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Try edit your latest post and add new message , dont wrinte new next to old one , you makieng mess here

I didn’t get your point .
What do you mean by “don’t write new text to old one “ ?
I am new to forums in general .

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Do you mean not to do it ??!!
Is there any specific comment ?
Did you regret doing it ? And why
It’s useful feature, I know it’s a big job , but finally it’s a great feeling doing it.

Are the polo 6r guy ???!

Yes I'm the guy that did it on the black 4-door Polo 6R.
It's a nice feature, i really do like having it. No buts there. It's handy, cool and practical.
It was a lot of work and quite expensive, more than planned. But that's ok, retrofitting is my hobby, it can be expensive.
The feeling when it finally works is massively satisfying, that's for sure.

But, spacewalker is writing that it's simply not possible to do due to the inability to program the immobiliser. It seems like you're ignoring his advice a bit.
He knows his thing, especially when it comes to immobiliser solutions. It's not possible to program a new MQB kessy key.... So it's not possible.

Remember, my car is from 2011 and is a PQ platform based car. Your car is based on the MQB platform. Massive difference.

I didn’t get your point .
What do you mean by “don’t write new text to old one “ ?
I am new to forums in general .

Use the 'edit post' button to put all your messages in one post, rather than making three posts in a row.

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Yes I'm the guy that did it on the black 4-door Polo 6R.
It's a nice feature, i really do like having it. No buts there. It's handy, cool and practical.
It was a lot of work and quite expensive, more than planned. But that's ok, retrofitting is my hobby, it can be expensive.
The feeling when it finally works is massively satisfying, that's for sure.

But, spacewalker is writing that it's simply not possible to do due to the inability to program the immobiliser. It seems like you're ignoring his advice a bit.
He knows his thing, especially when it comes to immobiliser solutions. It's not possible to program a new MQB kessy key.... So it's not possible.

Remember, my car is from 2011 and is a PQ platform based car. Your car is based on the MQB platform. Massive difference.

Use the 'edit post' button to put all your messages in one post, rather than making three posts in a row.

Thanks iichel,

I will use the edit post option in my next replies.
Sorry for the mess I created I’m my previous posts.

Regarding MQB platform, it’s not possible even by the dealer to program the kessy keys??

Other question is, even my old key , if I use it by putting it near the reader coil when I finish the setup (as you do when your kessy remote battery died) this also will not start the car by pressing the push start button??!
I am asking because if the dealer can program the kessy , I will use my old keys at least to start the car until I figure a way to program the keys.

Appreciate your help.

Also note that I bought a lot of stuff till now (very expensive project) , and Parts are coming, and I will try my best to do it , if doesn’t work I will be also happy that I tried my best to do something I really want.

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Well, if you only add the emergency start mode then basically you're spending quite a lot of money and an equal amount of labour on just a push-by-start feature.
The keyless entry won't work, the keyless start won't work. I'm not sure that's worth it, and I'm not even sure that's possible.

Like spacewalker said, letting the dealer code the keys is not possible. And I honestly don't know how to do it in any other way.

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Well, if you only add the emergency start mode then basically you're spending quite a lot of money and an equal amount of labour on just a push-by-start feature.
The keyless entry won't work, the keyless start won't work. I'm not sure that's worth it, and I'm not even sure that's possible.

Like spacewalker said, letting the dealer code the keys is not possible. And I honestly don't know how to do it in any other way.

Regarding the dealer:
Do you mean , he can but will refuse??
Or he can’t do it because it’s impossible even by there system ??

If I got the dealer acceptance to program the car before I go ahead with wiring everything, this will be doable ??

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
It's impossible for them since the computersystem can't/isn't allowed to program a kessy key to your VIN. It has nothing to do with unwillingness. It's just 'the system'.

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
Here is how I understand on based on the conversation thus far;

- Your car did not come with KESSY
- no one, not you, not dealer can create new kessy key, because your car did not come with kessy.

if/until some day when dealer (or someone else) can create new kessy key for VIN that is not kessy, perhaps then retrofit possible.

in summary, you bought parts before confirming if even possible.

next time make sure it can be done before spending money :(

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
Here is how I understand on based on the conversation thus far;

- Your car did not come with KESSY
- no one, not you, not dealer can create new kessy key, because your car did not come with kessy.

if/until some day when dealer (or someone else) can create new kessy key for VIN that is not kessy, perhaps then retrofit possible.

in summary, you bought parts before confirming if even possible.

next time make sure it can be done before spending money :(

Thanks for the summary.

You have to add “if there is a well there is a way “

I am still going with my plan , and I will do it and will be posting pictures and videos.

Qassem

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=325382
It's impossible for them since the computersystem can't/isn't allowed to program a kessy key to your VIN. It has nothing to do with unwillingness. It's just 'the system'.

What do you think about this new device it’s just released few days ago

https://youtu.be/L39WV5jav_M

Check the video , they successfully programmed MQB platform keys , although the video showing non kessy one , but if this doable , the kessy for sure is doable too if the kessy module correctly coded.

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
What do you think about this new device it’s just released few days ago

https://youtu.be/L39WV5jav_M

Check the video , they successfully programmed MQB platform keys , although the video showing non kessy one , but if this doable , the kessy for sure is doable too if the kessy module correctly coded.

ordinary key is in cluster but kessy is not and coding kessy key is hard in PQ35 but not yet possible in MQB

Back