Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GTI clubsport (3 door) - Kessy retrofit (AU) chasis

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

GTI clubsport (3 door) - Kessy retrofit (AU) chasis

Hi guys,
    I am new to this forum , itís my first post.
    I bought a HeX net unlimited vin and itís on the way.

I have a 3 door 2016 GTI clubsport.
    It has ACC (front radar) , 8Ē discover pro with dynaudio and a lot of other options.
    Unfortunately because itís 3 door , there was no option for kessy and I want to retrofit it.
    So far I bought :
    Kessy module (5Q0959435B)
    ELV (5Q0905861A)
    Push start button (51G959839)
    1 IMMO coil reader (5K0953254A)
    Virgin kessy set (5G0800375B)
    Contain 2 kessy keys (5G0959753BC) , 1 door cylinder and 1 glove box cylinder.
    2 mk7 door handles with kessy
    1 antena - center console (5K0962132B),
    1 antena - back seats (5K0962132A)
    1 antena -rear bumper (5Q0962131)

Do I need a new cluster?? Or anything else ?
    Considering that my cluster and gateway are high line ones (you will help me once I do the auto scan before touching the car)

I bought full Kessy wiring harness for the front 2 doors , but I am still not sure if itís for the 5 door car or the 3 door ( maybe the length of the wires will be different) also my car contains dynaudio system , I donít know if the wires will match my setup.

For the rest of the harnesses I didnít find anything in e-bay other than a set of full kessy wires for the Passat cc B7 , so I bought it , I think that system has the Same antennas , ELV , I am not sure about about the kessy module or the push start button !

I logged in Erwin for 1 day and pulled out all the pdf for the car (wiring diagram and a lot more)

Let consider I wired everything in the correct manner.

What I have to do using the HEX -net since its my first time using VCDS and also my vw dealer is not cooperative at all, so I want everything to be coded and if I have to visit the dealer will be only for programming the keys .

My question is if I did the correct wiring and coding and befor going to the dealer, my system should work with my old key if grap the key next to the coil reader and pushed the start button ,right??

Another question , if I did the auto scan after installation, can help me with coding and how ? Is there any reference ???

Is there any component protection related to kessy system ?? (Some part are used)

Please tell me if this can be done , I love my clubsport and I donít want to miss up with it , also I really want kessy as my previous car was having this feature and I used to it.

Appreciate your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Qassem View Post
    Please tell me if this can be done
    I would guess that it can, but I'm not sure anyone has actual experience doing it, and having a dealer who is not cooperative is not going to help.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you ,
    My question is , the dealer has only to program the keys am I right? , and this is doable I think , dose the dealer have to do anything else other than programming the keys??
    When I mentioned that ďthe dealer is not cooperative ď this is based on my request from him to retrofit the kessy , but they refuse.
    I donít think this means he will not helping me with coding and programming if I need , do you think so ??

Post Thanks / Like
    Dealer will not program Brand new key , because Delaer receive pre-code key to your car from manufacture
    And they can only order KEY designed for your car / vin
    if you do retrofit kessy - key must be different and they can not order this for you

Even if you order proper Kessy key for kessy car, key will arrive precode to that kessy car , and can not be re-code

I retrofited Kessy in Golf 5/6 , but key was brand new , virgin, and we precode key
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b40w8xfera4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjOGeutDlyw
    currently they is no virgin Kessy key for MQB , and not tool can precode kessy key for MBB
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 CCS via MFSW HOT HOT HOT

5. Likes Uwe, Jetta ,97 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    Dealer will not program Brand new key , because Delaer receive pre-code key to your car from manufacture
    And they can only order KEY designed for your car / vin
    if you do retrofit kessy - key must be different and they can not order this for you

Even if you order proper Kessy key for kessy car, key will arrive precode to that kessy car , and can not be re-code

I retrofited Kessy in Golf 5/6 , but key was brand new , virgin, and we precode key
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b40w8xfera4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjOGeutDlyw
    currently they is no virgin Kessy key for MQB , and not tool can precode kessy key for MBB

Spacewlker, thank you for the information.
    The key I ordered are Virgin keys and not coded .
    This the link.
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/VW-Golf-7-Rem....c100408.m2460

How did you code your virgin keys??

And can you please confirm if I retrofits all the components and wiring , can I start the car with my old keys, by putting it near the coil reader??

Also is there any COmponent protection for the kessy module??

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you code your virgin keys??

And can you please confirm if I retrofits all the components and wiring , can I start the car with my old keys, by putting it near the coil reader??

Also is there any COmponent protection for the kessy module??
    did you read what I said ?
    there is no tool which can precode MQB key
    if you code all components via ODIS , you can try learn old key as Kessy key
    dont know if this work ,

only ODIS is able to it
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 CCS via MFSW HOT HOT HOT

8. Likes iichel, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Qassem in theory anything is possible but imho retrofitting keyless entry is a huge undertaking and riddled with plenty of potential risks. I've never personally done it but did look at it and decided against it, mainly because if you have any issue crops up at a later date then you're on your own trying to fix it. I've assisted 2 Golf 7's with KESSY and swore I would never do it again. On both cars I spent 3-4 full days with my friend.
    In the UK done thieves have worked a way around KESSY to steal your car without the keys, hence there is a worldwide software change / possibly hardware coming down the line. My advice would be NOT to go ahead with it but it's entirely your decision and the community here willl help as much as they can.
    BTW as Spacewalker said, the dealer won't be able to program the keys for you either. You'll need a virgin KESSY module.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    did you read what I said ?
    there is no tool which can precode MQB key
    if you code all components via ODIS , you can try learn old key as Kessy key
    dont know if this work ,

only ODIS is able to it
    I read what you said ,
    My old keys according to Etka are not kessy one (they donít have the internal transponders)

The new virgin keys I ordered are the kessy one compatible with My car .

So if I retrofits all the components and the dealer accept to code and program the keys , they will a hope?!

Can I found ODIS , out side the dealer ?!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myounus View Post
    Qassem in theory anything is possible but imho retrofitting keyless entry is a huge undertaking and riddled with plenty of potential risks. I've never personally done it but did look at it and decided against it, mainly because if you have any issue crops up at a later date then you're on your own trying to fix it. I've assisted 2 Golf 7's with KESSY and swore I would never do it again. On both cars I spent 3-4 full days with my friend.
    In the UK done thieves have worked a way around KESSY to steal your car without the keys, hence there is a worldwide software change / possibly hardware coming down the line. My advice would be NOT to go ahead with it but it's entirely your decision and the community here willl help as much as they can.
    BTW as Spacewalker said, the dealer won't be able to program the keys for you either. You'll need a virgin KESSY module.
    Hi Myounus, actually you are giving me some hope, I insists to do it.

Tell me , did you succeed with the 2 golf 7,
    Can you help me with the adaptations through VCDS at least ??

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I read what you said

Can I found ODIS , out side the dealer ?!
    There are 2 ways. Do a search on the internet.