Retrofit from Discover pro MIB1 to MIB2 on GOLF MK7

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^^ Uwe : Kudos to the design guys @ Ross-Tech. Just tried the "Restore Adaptations" function on your link above (not on my car, but on my test bench - because I'm a wimp).

Took a couple of tries - due in the main to my own stupidity, but eventually got it to work (procedure made perfect sense, eventually).

Great new facility - for newbies (I guess). But only if they make the "adphex" file before they change stuff in the module. How does Ross-Tech get this message to new purchasers?

Don
EDIT: I note that the hex file that's generated has the car VIN in it's name (auto generated by VCDS). Does this mean that the restore process expects to see the same VIN on the car that will have its settings restored? Or said differently, are these files VIN specific?

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I note that the hex file that's generated has the car VIN in it's name (auto generated by VCDS). Does this mean that the restore process expects to see the same VIN on the car that will have its settings restored? Or said differently, are these files VIN specific?
We'll need Eric to give an authoritative answer to that, but I believe VCDS will complain/warn more if the VINs don't match.

-Uwe-

Back