Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: AdBlue Adaptation

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post

P20EE - SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold; Bank 1

The above sets when:

"Difference between simulated efficiency of a non defective system under the current operating conditions and the measured actual efficiency > 40%"

- In other words, the ECM does not think your NOx reduction system is working the way it should, too much NOx is being detected.

- How far was the vehicle driven?

Please have a look at the MVB-183, field 1 and tell us what you see.

- Also, is the AdBlue strong enough? Check the concentration, it can be tested with a refractometer.

ASTM D7821 Standard

Thanks,

drpeter
    Hello Dr. Peter,

MVB-183 shows 1.32. What does this tell us?

Old AdBlue was removed & fresh / new AdBlue added when I replaced the heater repair kit in the AdBlue tank. PEAK Blue DEF has been used as well as the AdBlue from the VW dealer. Tank has been emptied and refilled 2x since I've owned the vehicle from Oct, 2014. I've also consistently topped off the tank every 10k miles.

As for how far the vehicle has been driven. It's a sporadic fault that seems to come and go as it pleases since I purchased the vehicle with approx 89k miles on it. It now has 107,931 miles. Presently, not showing any faults, but I know that will change again in a day or two.

Just trying to figure out if it's the NOx sensor itself, the AdBlue injector not injecting sufficient quantity, or something else.

This seems to be a common problem with Audi & VW's with AdBlue treatment systems. Some dealers are just replacing the entire AdBlue components, which I wouldn't have a problem with if VW was footing the bill, but I'm way out of warranty and don't want to just throw parts at it and drain my wallet in the process.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    You could have a bad CAT or the CAT is restricted with contaminates.

Remove it and clean it.........just as you would clean a DPF.

I have found that chemical removal works well for all three.
    CAT/DPF, NOX and OXS.

I have been developing a system to as a matter of speech " ass rape the tail pipe enema ".

I take magical chemicals...... then blow them up to the DPF/turbo with the scrubbing bubbles + water and air PSI adding a blockage plate to turbo and bubbling it for 30 minutes........ then back flush and run it HOT Farting the car!

So far it's showing promise with the bore camera.........proctologist's look out.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

3. Likes roni024 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Sorry for the delay. . . .

MVB-183 shows 1.32. What does this tell us?

Measuring Value Block Group [183] field 1 = SCR Learned Adaptation value

1.01 = Baseline (center) (not 1.00)
    Acceptable Range = 0.90 to 1.10

A value greater than 1.00 = adding more reducing agent (example 1.20 = clogged injector, High DPF content, etc...)
    A value less than 1.00 = taking away reducing agent (example 0.80 = leaking injector, etc. . )

Hope this helps,

drpeter

5. Likes Dana, Sprocket liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So are there more tests or measuring value blocks that can help to pin point exactly what part(s) needs to be replaced to solve the DTC I keep getting?

I'd really like to fix the issue below myself if at all possible vs having to take it to the dealer.

008430 - SCR NOx Catalyst Bank 1
    P20EE - 001 - Efficiency too Low - MIL ON

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help me so far.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The process in posting #17 was a great help and was the only way to resetting the mileage countdown on my 2009 T'egg. In hoping it might help someone else, I created a youtube video running through the process.

Thanks again for posting this Sprocket!

Last edited by Uwe; 03-03-2016 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Fixed video embed; added link to post #17

8. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts, Peatun, efodela liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice video........

That is known as a hot reboot.....
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........