Thread: Torsion Value on Advanced Measuring Values

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Torsion Value on Advanced Measuring Values

Hi,

can i access Torsion Value via the Advanced Measuring Values as im running on a UDS protocol and 08 is not enabled.

Thanks

Stu

Post Thanks / Like
    Without knowing what car you have and what modules are fitted it would be a complete guess to answer your question - so please post a full Auto-Scan.

BTW multiple posting isn't a good idea as it splits replies and usually gets very confusing.

3. Likes Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, It was just a general query if it was possible to see the value is in advanced as i come across some PD and CR vehicles that don't access 08 and the ability to check timing.
    I reposed the thread but cant find away to delete on of them as I believe it was in the wrong section.

Stu

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stue81 View Post
    Hi, It was just a general query if it was possible to see the value is in advanced as i come across some PD and CR vehicles that don't access 08 and the ability to check timing.
    General answers don't tend to be possible as it tends to vary depending on engine ECU hardware and firmware - maybe someone will post to say there is a common answer in this case?

6. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    General answers don't tend to be possible as it tends to vary depending on engine ECU hardware and firmware - maybe someone will post to say there is a common answer in this case?
    When it comes to Advanced Measuring Values, I don't think a "common answer" is possible.

In pre-UDS modles, Advanced Measuring Values only exist if there's a label file for the module in question, and whether a specific data item is available via Advanced Measuring Values depends on the content of that label file.

In UDS modules (which the OP seems to indicate he's got in this case) Advanced Measuring Values depend the ASAM data available from VWAG.

Quote Originally Posted by stue81 View Post
    Are there PD engines that use UDS? I don't recall seeing any that do. My impression is that PD was replaced by CR before UDS was implemented, but of course, we only get a small subset of VAG engines here in NAR...

Is "torsion value" even a thing on CR engines? PD injectors are actuated by the camshafts, but CR injectors are not...

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

8. Likes Eric, PetrolDave liked this post