Product feature requests

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Hi all,

My apologies if these ideas have already been canvased I was just musing and thought I would put them to the Ross-tech team:

1. Advanced Autoscan
Optionally scan for Advanced ID for all modules for the autoscan log
Optionally perform an adaptation channel map for all or selected modules
Optionally bundle scan and channel maps into an archive

2. Adaptation channel backup/restore
A function to restore all adaptation channel values to a module from a previously created backup channel map file

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330

I know it's not what you're asking above; but if you set 'Debug Level' = 2 on the Options screen, when you carry out an Auto-Scan it will create an Adp Map for each controller too.

However, some of the interesting Adp Channels are protected by a SA code. So to expand your suggestion, maybe on the Auto-Scan form have a CheckBox for Include Advanced ID (default unchecked) and another for Create Adp Map - again unchecked as default. Maybe when GVL is retrieved on those vehicles that support it, VCDS could build a TreeView of each controller where a SA could be entered against each module when the 'Create Adp Map' CheckBox is checked. Just my $0.02. :)

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
I already implemented a tool based on UI automation techniques to batch-create adaptation maps with having the possibility to enter a SA for each unit.
At the moment it's german and does only read german Auto-Scans.

2017-10-0316-31-49-adwrsnu-4417876768712162922.jpg

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Optionally scan for Advanced ID for all modules for the autoscan log

Already on the wishlist. ;) (FS#836)

Already on the wishlist. ;) (FS#422)

Optionally bundle scan and channel maps into an archive

IMO this goes together with another thing on the wishlist, "VIN in Control Module Map File Name" (FS#1039). With the VIN being part of the file names, the archive request may not be as relevant anymore (and/or could be easily implemented with an external solution).

A function to restore all adaptation channel values to a module from a previously created backup channel map file

Unlikely to happen, we discussed that years ago and even if it is the same module - a different coding or firmware version may already mess this plan up. In some cases the order in which channels are stored is relevant, I don't think a plain backup/restore could make that happen in a feasible way.

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Make the whole backlog public with a short explanation of each feature request, and put a donation function on it ;) (priorization by demand)

Back