Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a way to disable ACT system on Golf VII 1.5 Tsi

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I joined the forum to confirm the armin63 observation on ACT.

While in the city is probably effective, it's a PITA on country roads and highways when the surface is anything but flat.

I'd really use a configuration that could disable the ACT. Any suggestions for a workaround ?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any news about deactivate 2 cylinder mode?
    I hate this function because there is an engine resonance when ACT is working. This rattle noise disturb me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I really doubt this is possible via the diagnostic API.

If you really want to change this, I suggest you contact a tuner who can adjust the firmware and maps in your ECU.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I also think it's the only way to disable ACT but in France it's forbidden... in case of big crash, insurer should control firmware version and leave you alone to solve your BIG problem!!! I think it's not normal but it's the FRENCH WAY of life... rules rules rules and more rules!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I come bak with good news!
    Finally, if there's no power increasing, my insurer is ok with a new firmware. As I'm at the end of VW guarantee, it's time to do it!
    I'll go to Shiftech Luxembourg to shut off the COD/ACT technology and make the car smoother. It's expensive but I think is it worth it.

7. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    YES!
    For 490€, SHIFTEC Luxembourg made a very good job. Really serious and the car is really really smooth, it's a great pleasure to find a new car. ACT/COD is not just a shut down system, it make engine really rough when preparing the shut down by fuel feeding regulation. So even when it's not on ACT/COD mode, your engine is not as pleasant as it can be. I haven't noticed any consumption increasing but I'll test it on long highway trip...

9. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave, darkchina811 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After more than 500kms trip, I can consider there's no consumption increasing. 5.5l/100km... whith air conditionner at 22C (35C out temp). All is fine!
    I replenished the fuel tank to be sure and ODB's consumption is realistic.

11. Likes Uwe, darkchina811 liked this post