New Jetta Mark V Sportwagen/ 5 speed

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
Was the oil cap sucked on? A little hard to pull off?
It should change RPM once removed because you cause an air leak removing it. Question is was it sucked on?

Does the check engine light come on when you turn key on before starting? Bulb check?

Log in to ECU go measuring blocks 032 what are the fuel trims? + or - 5% is good 10% or higher is bad.

Good Luck

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
Yes, the rpms hopped up but it wasn't really being sucked down. I don't recall if the check engine light was operating on startup. Only has 98k on it. I discussed this vacuum situation today with the dealer representing this car and he has a bill for the diaphragm only. $25.00. I'll run the vcds one more time before I commit.

I'm going back tomorrow to buy it. Comes with a solid warranty short term so if anything needs to be sorted immediately I know what to do.

Thanks!

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
Did anybody clear the codes after they fixed the PVC? If they fixed it and didn't clear the codes that would explain things.
I don't like the diaphragm only! Never works for me whole new valve cover way to go!!!

Good Luck

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
Thanks! I went ahead and bought it. i called the Dealer, they want $135 to update the Firmware. They sold me two cars and I buy parts fro three now and no help.

vwtech

Verified Coal Cracker
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=7573
"They sold me two cars and I buy parts fro three now and no help."

No idea what your saying here?:confused:

I'd clear all codes and drive a 100 miles before doing update. Just to see what is really going on first?
Save auto scan before update and post another after update firmware. So we can see the actual update.

Hope it all works out!

Good Luck

Reactions: Uwe

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Thanks! I went ahead and bought it. i called the Dealer, they want $135 to update the Firmware. They sold me two cars and I buy parts fro three now and no help.

You should get a written quote on that with VIN number and post it here.........

I'd argue that it's all free the aforementioned parts + labor or programming........... ;)

Mileage: 158870km-98717miles <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< PZEV! In this case it is not a POS!

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...twagen-5-speed&p=116464&viewfull=1#post116464

The Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (SULEV) standard is more stringent than the Ultra Low Emission Vehicle and low-emission vehicle standards. All emissions-related components, including the electric-propulsion parts of hybrid electric vehicles, must be warranted for 15 years or 150,000 miles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_zero-emissions_vehicle

ECU is an AECD and an emission component..........
(AECD
Auxiliary Emission Control Device)

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
Just got off the phone with VW Service. I'm told it's not something that is done for free.

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
I will! Just who do I advance this to? Sounds like a specific complaint.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I will! Just who do I advance this to? Sounds like a specific complaint.

Wait a minute.........lets do this right........:cool:

I want you to go the that dealer and ask for this problem with MIL VC to be diagnosed and update verified to be done + pay them if need be to do that, however, I want you to get a PO estimate on everything in writing with VIN and mileage.

Pay them for the diagnosis.........and don't have work done until you took time to check here, with a professional or think about it!

The "customer states" line on PO or invoice/estimate must state the following, in addition to VIN + miles on estimate being accurate & before you pay or authorize work and be in your hand, also pay with CC/DC for additional proof of data record with time stamps.

Please diagnose and advise why MIL is illuminated in written detail?
Please provide and advise of copy of OBD2 printout saved before and after for readiness status and all DTC's of OBD2, in addition advise of any firmware updates and or any 15/150 warranty items & which are related or exist for EPA/NHTSA SMOG under the CAA & that are covered for warranty in addition to TPI/TSB/SVM number?
Please advise of all safety concerns in written detail or suggested work to be performed?

No work or additional work outside the scope of diagnosis and estimate requests above are to be authorized, not over the phone/verbally & only in writing via email from this facility and approved by me or in person with additional physical documentation presented.
My email address is Xxxxxx@Imgoingtocatchyouwithhandsincookiejar.com

NostraJackAss Has Spoken!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yeah......... well the only ride being taken will be this song if instructions are followed!

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
Well, there are no more issues with the engine. No MIL on. The only issue I have is with the outdated flash on the ECU. Not sure what the way forward is...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Like I said have them estimate the flash update and put in writing that it isn't under warranty, than pay them and provide the bill here with new auto-scan.

Then you make the request for reimbursement with VW and post that response in writing.

Paper trail to all.......

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
I get it. I’ll get back to this next week. Have a happy!

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
I haven't tried to sort the ECU flash issue. I'm still chasing my tail with this code. Changed 2 MAP sensors, VC and it's still throwing it's new favorite code. 00262. It will NOT let me add a scan. WTHell

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I haven't tried to sort the ECU flash issue. I'm still chasing my tail with this code. Changed 2 MAP sensors, VC and it's still throwing it's new favorite code. 00262. It will NOT let me add a scan. WTHell

WTF is this?
Come on man JPPSG .......... and post data so people can help you. This above is worthless data! /\

As per the RTFB "all updates should be done if firmware is out of range from production".

So are you saying now VCDS doesn't work or you have a bad connection at OBD2 port?

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=324267
Right. only for some simple reason I can't attach my scan SMH

Tunacan406

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number