Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Golf Mk6 cluster to Golf Mk5!?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You commented on my post before I edited it. I just want to ensure I have all the necessary tools to start the process. Since I have a long wait before the above-mentioned adapter gets here, I'd want to understand where the immobilizer (address: #25) resides. Is it also in the same physical instrument cluster (address: #17), or a separate unit embedded in address: 01.

Since I got a key with the donor cluster, would I simply take out the physical transponder from the donor key, and place it in my existing key that physically fits in the ignition barrel and (starts the car on my current cluster). What I'm asking is if this is a way that on can use to make the key a known-working key so as not to have to buy a virgin transponder.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NitrousOxide View Post
    You commented on my post before I edited it. I just want to ensure I have all the necessary tools to start the process. Since I have a long wait before the above-mentioned adapter gets here, I'd want to understand where the immobilizer (address: #25) resides. Is it also in the same physical instrument cluster (address: #17), or a separate unit embedded in address: 01.

Since I got a key with the donor cluster, would I simply take out the physical transponder from the donor key, and place it in my existing key that physically fits in the ignition barrel and (starts the car on my current cluster). What I'm asking is if this is a way that on can use to make the key a known-working key so as not to have to buy a virgin transponder.
    Rosstech is not device for code key in NEC cluster , and can do almost nothing with IMMO in UDS cluster
    8 pages about cluster swap - is a waste of time
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wasn't referring to VCDS. I was referring to using a third party tool like VAGTacho. I didn't want to get too much into the details since it isn't a Ross-Tech tool.
    I'll find and go though the IMMO Swap page since I have lots of time until the adapter arrives anyway. Thanks for your help.