Audi 2007 Q7 Kessy Module Antenna module where for art thou

mejho

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309579
I don't seem to have the Keyless Entry / Start Authorization / Kessy Module 4L0907335 antennae reader (j-723) which according to all diagrams is allegedly located in the back right corner near the dvd nav unit.

Problem, no unit located there, no plug that resembles a multi pin hanging there either. I do however have a whitish colored connector that is 2 pin with a red and red/tan or red/green (i am color blind to tan/green/brown) that was unconnected.

Is it possible that this unit is located elsewhere on 2007 model years?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not a VCDS-related question. Moving to General VW/Audi Repair. :)

-Uwe-

mejho

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309579
Sorry about that Uwe

mejho

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309579
Car is dead, nothing works except headlights. No response from key. vcds scan there is no communication with ecm, fuses good relays good. key inserted to 15 and turned power to 75 but nothing. checking modules for water or failure. From research and input of others kessy module/antennae demonstrates this problem. no module found in the location alleged by manual.

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
What is the history on the car , do you know any?

There is only few module you can communicate when no ignition . 05 ACC/Start Auth is the brain of the car and your immobilizer module. Do not worry about antenna reader, can will start with key in ignition with it or with out it. If you do not have Start/Stop button in car near sifter , then this car do not have it, Antenna is only for cars with keyless entry.
Kessy module EZS is mount in steering column on this car and has Immobilizer and EVL built in it .
Now, Turn Hazards, hold brake for 30 Sec , and turn off/on light switch , then after 30 sec try to communicate with 05 ACC/Start Auth , if you have comunication post codes here .

Reactions: Uwe

mejho

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309579
I have done that. You actually answered before about this vehicle. key is not married to car but car should still turn over, it doesn't. So looking into module problems or water infiltration as ecm will not come online. 05acc/start is online and scan shows no issue with it. There is no start button in this vehicle, so thanks for that info!

Last edited:

Jetta 97

Professional User
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=81680
I have done that. You actually answered before about this vehicle. key is not married to car but car should still turn over, it doesn't. So looking into module problems or water infiltration as ecm will not come online. 05acc/start is online and scan shows no issue with it. There is no start button in this vehicle, so thanks for that info!

No man , when key is not programed to this car, ignition will not come on and you can not communicate with most of the modules including ECU.
This car use Kessy system with Wake up CAN BUS on Terminal 15( Ignition 12V) , it is not regular mechanical ignition switch. Lets say you want to power up instrument cluster direct on table, on this car is not possible , This car use WAKE UP signal form CAN Gateway via Central convince module to turn cluster On.

I do not think you ever deal with this kind of stuff.

Form your older post:
Thank you! I do not have a start button, I will assume that it is still the kessy systemand if not still immobilizer 3. I incorrectly assumed that the car would turn over and then be shut down by the immobilizer. I also thought that computer would still be able to reach components. Enlightening, Thanks.

On this car Start/Stop button is just to have keyless start and keyless entry ,this car use Kessy system regardless is it have Start/Stop button or not . Since you do not have Start /Stop button you will not have antennae reader .

You have been dealing with this form June , wasting your time 5 moths, so many members over hear was telling you same thing over and over , and you do not believe it to no one. You came for help here , we give you solution but you going the way you think it is , I really do not understand that .
I think you misunderstanding , Kessy , and Keyless , your car has Kessy system with out keyless , maybe this will give you better view.

Simple solution is , Take car to dealer and program key .

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Yup indeed Marin.........Hey man what's up? ;) Hope your TG was nice in TX.

OP Please JPPSG

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...essional-Problem-Solver-Guide-quot-JPPSG-quot

Modules can be tested here on the bench and verified if you want them inspected and can be done at our contact form in signature.

You can also make a bench harness and test each module using WD and verify them independently using ERWIN RTFB.

Terminal 15 and 30 +
Terminal 31 for ground
CAN wires High/Low

There are threads here on how........

Start with this one. : http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...a-you-should-have-a-baseline-understanding-of-!

& search the forum.

Back