Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VCDS HELP (Ambient Lighting Color Selection)

Post Thanks / Like
    Please give 1,1,255 a try

Don, one question, after I thought again about your doubt on my proposal

How do you limit the amount of selectable colors to 3 (VW Passat stock) if Zero is valid value?
    Take this with a grain of humor
    Last edited by hadez16; 11-27-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Please give 1,1,255 a try

Don, one question, after I thought again about your doubt on my proposal

How do you limit the amount of selectable colors to 3 (VW Passat stock) if Zero is valid value?
    Take this with a grain of humor
    hadez: no problems - all questions welcomed (even if I can't answer them - and there are many that I can't answer here because I just don't know much about VCDS!)

So, to your question - the amount of selectable colours (I'll use the "correct" spelling of the word) is NOT limited to 3. In fact, the amount of permitted colours for each of the 10 x options on the slider is a massive 16,777,216 (256 x 256 x 256), or hex1000000! These colours are simply made-up of 256 shades (including off) of the three primary colours, Red, Green and Blue.

Don

PS: that's the beauty of using hexadecimal - you just need to left-shift the digits to multiply (i.e. 256=hex100 - so 256 cubed is hex1000000)
    Last edited by DV52; 11-27-2017 at 03:47 AM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    This was a rhetorical question. I already did extend a VW Passat B8 with Ambient Lighting Plus by factory from selectable 3 colours to 10 colours.

So how should VW limit the number of selectable colours in your headunit to 3?
    There are 10 colours in total but 3 are activated by factory.

My assumption: As soon as there is a Zero as one of the values for a colour number, it is deactivated.

4. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hadez: OK my apology - rhetorical questions are not my strong-point!

I suspect that your answer is that if all three RGB values are zero, the option is disabled (but individual zero is allowable). I didn't know this until your comment above. This might explain TASKIN'S problem. When I implemented the tweak, I fully populated the table in my tweak instructions. If I had access to the car again (which I don't have) I would try making a few of options of ALL zeros. Perhaps you could try
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for your help. I guess this is not valid for golf 7.5. I will try on the tiguan as soon as possible

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    This mod changes the color of the menu in the MIBII system or the ambient LEDs found inside the vehicle (ie front door cards)?
    2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!

Post Thanks / Like
    Both. If you do not have RGB ambient lighting in your dashboard or door panels, then this only affects some unimposing little lines in your AID or Discover Unit.

To me, this tweak is useless without having RGB ambient lighting.

9. Likes Uwe, DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    Both. If you do not have RGB ambient lighting in your dashboard or door panels, then this only affects some unimposing little lines in your AID or Discover Unit.

To me, this tweak is useless without having RGB ambient lighting.
    I have white interior door panel lighting and believe the LED's are not RGB. However, I hate the mustard color lines within the MIBII. I want the Golf R blue lines instead so hoping this tweak can get me that.
    2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!

Post Thanks / Like
    This should be possible. Just try it out.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I changed the following, reset the MIBII and don't see the menu section for color selection. Assuming I need to go through the 1-10 rgb color codes and set those up first? What If I only want blue and could care less about the other 9 colors?

Code:
    IDE09731-ENG125017-Int. light: 2nd generation-Instrumententafelbeleuchtung mehrfarbig - Set to Active

IDE09732-ENG02312-Interior light: light configuration-Ambient_Farbliste_HMI - Set to Active
    My goal is for the MIBII to look like this with blue colors and not that ugly mustard color

Something I posted a while back about here.