How to Transfer HEX Registration to another Laptop

mk753

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255297
Hi everyone,
I have registered myself for the tech support since 2015 but this is the first question I am posting on this forum. I installed the software on a laptop and registered the HEX on that. Now that laptop has broken down and I want to use the USB-HEX with my new laptop. It seems that I have to transfer the registration to the new laptop. I need help in the process to do it please. I have already downloaded the latest version of the VCDS software but don't know how to register the HEX with my new laptop.

Any help would be really appreciated please.

MK753

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
When you first run VCDS, it should direct you to the Options screen and tell you to run a test. Save the results of that test, and VCDS/HEX+CAN interface will be registered. You will be able to begin using the full features.

That's all that is required.

Let us know how you make out with the new machine.

mk753

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=255297
When you first run VCDS, it should direct you to the Options screen and tell you to run a test. Save the results of that test, and VCDS/HEX+CAN interface will be registered. You will be able to begin using the full features.

That's all that is required.

Let us know how you make out with the new machine.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Will do so as adviced and let you know, may be in a few weeks time as I am out of country at the moment.

Regards

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Yep, with any interface ("lead") we've sold since the early in 2004, there is nothing that's tied to a particular computer. The license is in the interface and VCDS reads the license info from the interface when you connect to a car. This allows you to use VCDS on an computer to wish; you just have to have/use your licensed interface.

-Uwe-

Back