Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: U1121 Missing Message -- Yes but from what?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

U1121 Missing Message -- Yes but from what?

I am working on a Haldex control module on the bench.
    When i do a read out i get fault codes but they all give the same message U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message.
    It is not showing what the message its missing like the older modules it would say missing Message from ECU or ABS etc.

is there any way to get some more information from this i tried to look for the number in front of the fault ( 16653, 16655 ) but i can't find any links on those.

Code:
    Wednesday,15,November,2017,17:45:25:06109
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
    VCDS Version: 17.10.0.2 (x64)  HEX-NET CB: 0.4407.4
    Data version: 20171026 DS283.3
    www.Ross-Tech.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 22: AWD       Labels: 0CQ-907-554.clb
    Control Module Part Number: 0CQ 907 554 C    HW: 0CQ 525 130 
      Component and/or Version: Haldex4Motion H52 7753
               Software Coding: 0101
                Work Shop Code: WSC 51344 001 104857
                  ASAM Dataset: EV_AllWheelContrHA1VW37X 002015 ()
                           ROD: EV_AllWheelContrHA1VW37X.rod
                          VCID: C5C205AC5CB6BB024FF-8090
    10 Faults Found:

16653 - Databus 
              U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message
              Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
    16655 - Databus 
    17468 - Databus 
    17495 - Databus 
    17471 - Databus 
    17469 - Databus 
    17470 - Databus 
    16657 - Databus 
    17474 - Databus 
    16727 - Databus 

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude missing messages for controllers due to talking on bench..........RTFB WD and install termination or pull up resistor's or install needed modules on bench while observing 125> block data.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i know its missing the other modules, i am going to simulate those modules but since the fault codes are all the same i don;t know which module simulation is giving problems.

measuring block are not available grayed out, i can open adv meas values but it does not have the blocks that tell if a module is found.

Post Thanks / Like
    RTFB WD...........it will most likely tell you.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    WD won't help with this it's in the CANBUS communication.
    Can't find the codes from the readouts in any books and not sure if they are fault codes like the P codes

Post Thanks / Like
    Get a CAN analyzer..........

It isn't hard to see and simulate all the PWR train systems using WD on "gateway".......maybe have another look because indeed it is in there.......

http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...derstanding-of-!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a CAN analyzer and know how to simulate CAN ecu's that's not the problem.
    The question was about the fault codes i get with VCDS what they mean.

I have 10 VCDS fault codes but all have the same description missing message that i understand. but what i would like to know if there is a way to know what message it is missing.

like the older modules it would give:

01314 - Engine Control Module
    004 - No Signal/Communication

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a CAN analyzer and know how to simulate CAN ecu's that's not the problem.
    The question was about the fault codes i get with VCDS what they mean.

I have 10 VCDS fault codes but all have the same description missing message that i understand. but what i would like to know if there is a way to know what message it is missing.

like the older modules it would give:

01314 - Engine Control Module
    004 - No Signal/Communication
    Already answered and if you have a good CAN analyzer it will tell you what you ask.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroenveer View Post
    I am working on a Haldex control module on the bench.
    When i do a read out i get fault codes but they all give the same message U1121 00 [009] - Missing Message.
    It is not showing what the message its missing like the older modules it would say missing Message from ECU or ABS etc.
    What other modules from this car do you have on your test bench?

You have 10 of these faults. I would guess it's one for each of the modules that this Haldex expects to receive data from. Engine, Trans, ABS, Instruments, etc, etc.

is there any way to get some more information from this i tried to look for the number in front of the fault ( 16653, 16655 ) but i can't find any links on those.
    Right, that's because those are arbitrarily assigned by the control module manufacturer and get translated to something meaningful (in this case U1121) based on the ASAM data.

Yes i know its missing the other modules, i am going to simulate those modules but since the fault codes are all the same i don;t know which module simulation is giving problems.
    Simulate the modules? Where are you getting the specs for the messages that the other modules broadcast?

measuring block are not available grayed out, i can open adv meas values but it does not have the blocks that tell if a module is found.
    Right, since this module uses UDS, it does not support the old-school Measuring Blocks. I've had a look at what's available in Advances Measuring Values for this module and don't see anything that looks to be an equivalent of the stuff older modules traditionally had in 125-128.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

10. Likes Jack@European_Parts, jeroenveer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know VCP and ODIS is able to tell which module. Why can't this be implented in vcds,?
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...