Scan without ignition

anthraxxz

Reaction score
Hey, im thinking of buying a vcds tool since my car stopped working.
The question i have before are: Is it possible to run an auto-scan on a Passat B6 2010 without ignition, or any way to bypass it through wiring? Both keys are completely dead at the switch...

Thanks

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
No, you can't run a scan if you can't switch on the ignition. Of both keys are dead, then something more serious is wrong. For most models there are ways to activate the ignition/terminal 15 via an emergency procedure (activating hazard warning flashers, push the brake pedal for a while or in some cases switch on the lights), after that one gets minimal access to certain vehicle systems in order to diagnose situations like this where keys aren't recognized.

anthraxxz

Reaction score
Oh thanks for the fast answer. Is there any indications that the ignition gets any power from that procedure?
Thanks

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
No, the cluster doesn't wake-up or give you any obvious indication that terminal 15 (ignition switched power) is on but it would allow you to communicate with the modules in the car to obtain fault codes and match replacement Immo components.

You may just have a terminal 15 relay issue rather than an an actual Immo problem but I do want to let you know Key and the ESCL replacements are supported only IF you can get the PIN:

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Passat_(3C)_Immobilizer

Back