Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MK7 -> MK7.5 LED Golf Variant Tail Lights Retrofit Coding Issue

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation MK7 -> MK7.5 LED Golf Variant Tail Lights Retrofit Coding Issue

Don to the rescue?

I followed the DIY outlined here to install the MK7.5 dunkel rear LED tail lights. Everything is working 100% except for this interesting observation. When the main dipped beams are on (On/AUTO) the inner right (passenger) lamp is completely OFF.

It's not a wiring issue because when my DRLs are on (Scandinavian coded) or I am only running my parking lights, the lamp is ON 100% to full function.

Code from left and right inner led lights

Could there be something to do with my overall lighting coding that is interfering with this individual lamp? Please let me know and I'll send someone my entire 09 adaptaion map listing
    2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ yep - entirely understandable given that your Leuchte-set has the command Abbiegelicht links (left dipped beam) on the "E" channel and that this command is associated with a dimming level of 0. I can't see the "E" channel on the Leuchte24SL HRA65 set, but it probably has the right-side dipped-beam command . Why was dipped-beam command used on the rear tail?

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 11-08-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    ^^^ yep - entirely understandable given that your Leuchte-set has the command Abbiegelicht links (left dipped beam) on the "E" channel and that this command is associated with a dimming level of 0. I can't see the "E" channel on the Leuchte24SL HRA65 set, but it probably has the right-side dipped-beam command . Why was dipped-beam command used on the rear tail?

Don
    Not sure why that command was used. Other members have done this mod and not had any issues. Need me to email you my entire 09 logs via email? It's too long to past the code here. Thanks in advance for the help, Don.

Post Thanks / Like
    Abbiegelicht is the cornering light. Abblendlicht is dipped beam

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ oops - thanks iichel (I wish my German language skills were much better)! Then my question is still valid albeit my link to OP's observed behavior is a tad tenuous. Still, I don't see why cornering light commands are applicable to the rear tails!!

Don

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @Dv52

Here is a link to my entire 09 channel adaptation map. Maybe this will help you better identify my problem?
    2019 Golf 7.5 GTI Rabbit Edition Pure-Weiß 2016 Golf 7 Variant R-Line Pure-Weiß 2011 Golf 6 TDI BLUEMOTION Highline Candy-Weiß 2008 Golf 5 .:R32 Deep Blau Perleffekt DSG 4-MOTION 2006 Golf GTI DSG Tornadorot 2002 Indigo Blau Perleffekt Passat 3BG Trendline. I Euro-spec Mods!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump? Still need help on this issue.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump send it to retrofits...........
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Bump send it to retrofits...........
    Indeed. I should have caught that much sooner.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmm....... what happened?
    Don