Leak in Air Intake with Lean at Idle and EVAP

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
This is indicative of an LDP failure direct to intake from PSI generated or EVAP N80 remaining open during fuel up and a gravity or siphon effect takes place pooling fuel within the intake & which results in the symptoms as you aforementioned.

Before fill up ..........crimp off the N80 and LDP lines and see if it doesn't happen when you fire the POS up.

Reactions: T10

T10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315159
Jack, thanks a lot for a prompt reply.

LDP was changed recently so does EVAP N80 valve with all the lines. Is there anything else left between the LDP and N80 in the middle of EVAP lines to cause this craziness?

Siphon effect - how this beauty can be get rid off?

As for the crimpping the lines - if problem does not happen in such case, it still can mean failing parts, LDP or N80?

Just to make sure we are on the same page and I am not lost in terms:

LDP - 8K0906253J (https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/842459_x800.jpg)
N80 - 06H133781CK (https://c1552172.ssl.cf0.rackcdn.com/839477_x800.jpg)

Thank you!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

T10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315159
Jack - these were the parts changed by the Audi dealer, OEM. Listed them to make sure that abbreviations are spot on. Audi suggests to rip off fuel tank to have a look at fuel lines, which I am not 100% certain to do just for a look around, without any further arguments.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Jack - these were the parts changed by the Audi dealer, OEM. Listed them to make sure that abbreviations are spot on. Audi suggests to rip off fuel tank to have a look at fuel lines, which I am not 100% certain to do just for a look around, without any further arguments.

NO VIN? no soup............

T10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315159
If only it changes anything - WAUGFBFR9EA055267. It wasn't mandatory, but a video was nice one :D

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
If only it changes anything - WAUGFBFR9EA055267. It wasn't mandatory, but a video was nice one :D

I'm busy now please call dealer.........

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
You could say I am disappointed! :banghead:

You just made my ignore list!

4 Pyramids!

Vehicle Identification No.
WAUGFBFR9EA055267
Model
Audi A5 Coupe
Quattro 2.0
A5CO
Date of production
Year
Sales type
8T35G9
Engine Code
CAED
Transmission Code
NSP
Axle drive
6S
Equipment
FZ
Roof color
A2
Exterior color / Paint Code
A2 / Y9B

7afaf6d69ba1bbaeb12700408ee603ce.gif

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

T10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315159
Just to clarify - I was NOT ASKING whether part numbers are correct - I listed them to point out which were changed already. With that said, directing to call the dealer doesn't make sense and you listed what was already in the first post of PR.

T10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315159
The fact it had a salvage title doesn't correlate with this topic, because the car was running perfectly fine for months. If this is something you are not comfortable of discussing further - I can accept that with no problems.

On the other hand, I believe from the enthusiast stand point, it is an interesting topic to see the breakdown of the problem foundation to the possible solutions/outcomes. With that said, this is why I started the topic here.

Starting the rain of irony seems far from what it is commonly right in the quality thread, but its your playground - I can accept the rules either :)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
The fact it had a salvage title doesn't correlate with this topic, because the car was running perfectly fine for months. If this is something you are not comfortable of discussing further - I can accept that with no problems.

On the other hand, I believe from the enthusiast stand point, it is an interesting topic to see the breakdown of the problem foundation to the possible solutions/outcomes. With that said, this is why I started the topic here.

Starting the rain of irony seems far from what it is commonly right in the quality thread, but its your playground - I can accept the rules either :)

Look man......... I don't work within a BOX.......... I try to think of all possibilities and this information indeed is relevant.

Put car back to stock with latest firmware and hardware and see if it does it........UN-FOD!

Verify crash points for possible chafe or damage unseen...........

For the record I didn't offer you a chocolate covered pretzel...........

Last edited:
Reactions: T10

T10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315159
Hello guys,

its been a while I haven't posted about this topic, but just wanted to make sure things are not coming back.

Not sure whether it was related to the start of colder winter weather or what, but all the rough idle problems and start after re-fuel... Just disappeared. Simple like that, without any additional change of parts, nor any further leak traces (: I already drove >4k km fault free.

If this comes back to me (hopefully, not!) - I am definitely going to post it here, as discussing topics is great, especially with Jack ! :)

I wish there were less magical solution - but still can't blame it, hehe!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Sharing is caring.......... :p

Thank you for reporting back the ghost repair or maybe you did something but just didn't realize you bumped it.

Most popular FOD is when, someone bumps stuff in the bay while observing other things.

Even I am guilty of this..........it just happens!

61jGQNuxIvL._SX384_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

T10

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=315159
I literally stopped trying and waited for something major to happen at some point, to know where to start of once it occurs. And that peace of mind did the trick! In fact, sometimes, when you start bragging, things go wrong - this was another reason I waited for so long before whispering the situation out loud, haha! Maybe now its my time to shine - fingers crossed !!

~1k km ago during casual service, changed the spark plugs due to some carbon around, but thats it for the changes :)

Back