How to disable the "ignition on" chime when the door is open (2015 Audi Q5)

greene08

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=212267
I've searched to the ends of the internet and reached out to Ross-Tech directly with no luck on this topic.

With the Advanced Key system, when the ignition is switched on (the engine can still be off) and you open the door there is a horribly annoying chime and a notification on the MID saying "ignition is turned on, battery is discharging". There are many threads on other forums about this but no one has a permanent solution to turning off the chime through VCDS. The temporary solution is to push the control/reset buttons on the washer stalk to silence the sound but it has to be done each time you open the door. :banghead:

A YouTube user was able to disable the chime on his 2016 VW Golf R through the Instrument Module #17 but the options he had in his module are nowhere to be found in that of my Q5 and it appears most people with Audis can't find a way to shut this off either.

Does anyone know how this can be done or have any suggestions? This tweak would be a big win for a lot of people across multiple models.

Thanks!

Reactions: Boy

Boy1925

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=104764
Bump. Bump.

I would love an answer to this one too.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
From instruments. Adaptation channels, there's one adaptation channel for ignition warning. Default is drivers door, change that to none or whatever was the setting for no warning.

This is how it was disabled on MY13 Seat Leon. A3 should be same.

Edit :

The adaptation channel is :

Ignition active message actuator. Change from "Driver door only" to => "No display"

Last edited:

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
This is how it was disabled on MY13 Seat Leon. A3 should be same.

Unfortunately this is a Q5. And as far as I know, the adaption channel does not exist in Q5 clusters.

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Aaah... Sorry, I don't know how I read that it's A3. Yes, Q5 does not have it.

bc150002

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=346702
This worked for my 2018 Q5, although I thought the adaptation channel was Ignition Active Display Actuator.

Back