2017 8V/S3 - Looking to change cruise interval and set correct MPH

jnvwtechacct

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=136836
2017 8V/S3 - Looking to change cruise interval, worked on a older Passat (2006) which had the ability to increase or decrease the interval of cruise control by 5 MPH.

I'm looking for the ability within the VCDS (if possible) to increase the increase/decrease from 1 MPH to 5.

Has anyone ever seen this in the menus who could point me in the right direction?

Also, noticing the car is consistently 2 MPH over the actual speeds (same with the VW of old), is this something I can change in the VCDS (tire size I'm assuming is wrong?)

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
There is no setting to change the step size, so I am assuming you are out of luck... except someone finds the value in the EEPROM.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Is the 8V an MQB platform vehicle?

I ask because on my Skoda Octavia, which is MQB, you can change the ACC cruise speed in two ways when cruise is active:
- move the cruise stalk up/down, this changes the set speed by 5mph
- press the set button or move the stalk to the resume position, this changes the cruise speed by 1mph

What are you using to compare the speed? GPS or just the speed shown on the instruments (which over-reads by up to 10%).

jnvwtechacct

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=136836
Is the 8V an MQB platform vehicle?

I ask because on my Skoda Octavia, which is MQB, you can change the ACC cruise speed in two ways when cruise is active:
- move the cruise stalk up/down, this changes the set speed by 5mph
- press the set button or move the stalk to the resume position, this changes the cruise speed by 1mph

What are you using to compare the speed? GPS or just the speed shown on the instruments (which over-reads by up to 10%).

Not from what I can tell, tried the up/down = 1 MPH changes, miss the 5 MPH changes you describe as I'm used to that in the Passat B6.

jnvwtechacct

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=136836
There is no setting to change the step size, so I am assuming you are out of luck... except someone finds the value in the EEPROM.

Thank you for the heads up, keeps me from digging through everything and converting from German to English :p

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
On my MQB 2018 Atlas with ACC, single touch of the speed up/down adjustment changes the setpoint by 1 MPH, and holding it down for a second or so changes it by 5 MPH. Not sure if that will apply to vehicles without ACC.

DJAlix

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=238277
On my MQB 2018 Atlas with ACC, single touch of the speed up/down adjustment changes the setpoint by 1 MPH, and holding it down for a second or so changes it by 5 MPH. Not sure if that will apply to vehicles without ACC.

The A3 8V platform is the same. Soft touch for 1mph, hold for 5mph.

wildstar87

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=252770
I'd be interested in this as well, though all my searching in VCDS hasn't turned up anything obvious. My 2015 Golf R had this feature, the Set/Resume buttons changed by 1mph, the +/- would change it by 5mph. That car got totaled, and I got a 2016 Golf R. No longer has this functionality, the Set/Resume only does that, no speed changes. +/- change by 1mph, and holding it down just keeps increasing/decreasing as long as you hold it down, up by 1mph, not by 5mph. Neither car had ACC. I'm guessing it's not possible, or isn't exposed in what VCDS can access.

Back