Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Support for Polo 6C

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great! If I can be of any help with debug logs, screenshots or anything, please email me, I am always replying there

Post Thanks / Like
    No guarantee for a fix since other identical modules work fine with HUCs and yours doesn't, but I'd like to see a debug 1024 from both your shameful HUC clone unit and the V2. Don't use the same installation for both, but as a (repenting ) clone user you probably know the drill Send to support@ross-tech.com .
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

3. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Sure thing. Will be back in half hour with the results

Note: I only bought the clone first because it is the first time i dealt with anything like this, my first car, my first retrofits, now my first DIYs, didn't even know what Ross-Tech was to begin with, so I just assumed that was the real deal.
    Last edited by EduardJS; 09-12-2017 at 10:46 AM.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent the email

I've also attached all of the previous scans ( clone.zip )
    Note the first ever scan I did with the clone device, it didn't manage to figured out the BCM label on its own.
    Last edited by EduardJS; 09-12-2017 at 11:46 AM.

7. Likes Dana, Eric, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well that was easy Your 09 is sending nine zeroes in place of its software part number. Never seen anything quite like it, where did you get it and/or did you play with its eeprom?
    You ain't metal till you got a clutch pedal

9. Likes Uwe, Dana liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Well that was easy Your 09 is sending nine zeroes in place of its software part number. Never seen anything quite like it, where did you get it and/or did you play with its eeprom?
    I bought it from Germany .. car got a bit damaged on the front side. Only had 22.320km, and paid 5000 euros for it. Fixed the front ( bumper, headlights and wings ), rest of it is ok. smells like new on the inside.

Not even sure what EEPROM is ... so my answer is no. I doubt the ex-owner ( newbie-driver girl ) played with it ...

OFF-Topic Question: Do you need to play with the EEPROM if your frontal accident deployed the airbags ? There's no sign of them being triggered ... so .. asking if they could have played around with the BCM in order to make it look like everything was fine ?

What's to be done ?

Post Thanks / Like
    No the BCM doesn't store crash data, only the airbag and power steering usually do that in a Polo 6C.

12. Likes EduardJS liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iichel View Post
    No the BCM doesn't store crash data, only the airbag and power steering usually do that in a Polo 6C.
    Thanks for replying. I always thought it was a great buy, just hoped nothing's wrong with it ( engine-wise ). 6.000km down the road, nothing's happened, everything runs smooth. All I'm hoping is that the airbags never deployed, as the damage wasn't really that big of a deal. Thing is I don't really know how to check if the airbags went off. There's nothing wrong within the Autoscan, nor I can see any signs of the steering wheel abs being opened / replaced.

Any other way to check if it's been triggered and they just put some new covers back ? Wouldn't like to get involved into a crash and find out I don't even have airbags ..

As for the EEPROM thing, can I do something on my end to remove the additional 0 ? Would it cause trouble if I'd go to the VW dealership and try get the BCM software flashed to the latest version as Sebastian advised me ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by EduardJS View Post
    As for the EEPROM thing, can I do something on my end to remove the additional 0 ? Would it cause trouble if I'd go to the VW dealership and try get the BCM software flashed to the latest version as Sebastian advised me ?
    If it were mine, I would indeed let the dealer try to update that module.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I surely will, as I already scheduled an appointment ... but, do you have any idea if that would solve the additional 0 it sends, as per Eric's message ?