Support for Polo 6C

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Great! If I can be of any help with debug logs, screenshots or anything, please email me, I am always replying there :)

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
No guarantee for a fix since other identical modules work fine with HUCs and yours doesn't, but I'd like to see a debug 1024 from both your shameful HUC clone unit and the V2. Don't use the same installation for both, but as a (repenting ;) ) clone user you probably know the drill :D Send to support@ross-tech.com .

Reactions: Uwe

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Hey! Sure thing. Will be back in half hour with the results :)

Note: I only bought the clone first because it is the first time i dealt with anything like this, my first car, my first retrofits, now my first DIYs, didn't even know what Ross-Tech was to begin with, so I just assumed that was the real deal.

Last edited:

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Sent the email :)

I've also attached all of the previous scans ( clone.zip )
Note the first ever scan I did with the clone device, it didn't manage to figured out the BCM label on its own.

Last edited:

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
Well that was easy :) Your 09 is sending nine zeroes in place of its software part number. Never seen anything quite like it, where did you get it and/or did you play with its eeprom?

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Well that was easy :) Your 09 is sending nine zeroes in place of its software part number. Never seen anything quite like it, where did you get it and/or did you play with its eeprom?

I bought it from Germany .. car got a bit damaged on the front side. Only had 22.320km, and paid 5000 euros for it. Fixed the front ( bumper, headlights and wings ), rest of it is ok. smells like new on the inside.

Not even sure what EEPROM is ... so my answer is no. I doubt the ex-owner ( newbie-driver girl ) played with it ...

OFF-Topic Question: Do you need to play with the EEPROM if your frontal accident deployed the airbags ? There's no sign of them being triggered ... so .. asking if they could have played around with the BCM in order to make it look like everything was fine ?

What's to be done ?

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
No the BCM doesn't store crash data, only the airbag and power steering usually do that in a Polo 6C.

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
No the BCM doesn't store crash data, only the airbag and power steering usually do that in a Polo 6C.

Thanks for replying. I always thought it was a great buy, just hoped nothing's wrong with it ( engine-wise ). 6.000km down the road, nothing's happened, everything runs smooth. All I'm hoping is that the airbags never deployed, as the damage wasn't really that big of a deal. Thing is I don't really know how to check if the airbags went off. There's nothing wrong within the Autoscan, nor I can see any signs of the steering wheel abs being opened / replaced.

Any other way to check if it's been triggered and they just put some new covers back :D ? Wouldn't like to get involved into a crash and find out I don't even have airbags ..

As for the EEPROM thing, can I do something on my end to remove the additional 0 ? Would it cause trouble if I'd go to the VW dealership and try get the BCM software flashed to the latest version as Sebastian advised me ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
As for the EEPROM thing, can I do something on my end to remove the additional 0 ? Would it cause trouble if I'd go to the VW dealership and try get the BCM software flashed to the latest version as Sebastian advised me ?
If it were mine, I would indeed let the dealer try to update that module.

-Uwe-

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
I surely will, as I already scheduled an appointment ... but, do you have any idea if that would solve the additional 0 it sends, as per Eric's message ?

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
If it were mine, I would indeed let the dealer try to update that module.

I surely will, as I already scheduled an appointment ... but, do you have any idea if that would solve the additional 0 it sends, as per Eric's message ?

The update process might be interesting, with a module that doesn't know its part number. My guess is, ODIS-S will fail, but you never know. If it can start the update, it should write the new part number in there and fix the issue.

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
The update process might be interesting, with a module that doesn't know its part number. My guess is, ODIS-S will fail, but you never know. If it can start the update, it should write the new part number in there and fix the issue.

Okay, cool, but meanwhile, is there anything on VCDS side that can be done to detect that additional 0 as well ?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I don't know the 6C well at all, but... Where is the Immo in this car? Unless I'm blind, there's no sign of it in the Auto-Scans. Does it happen to be in the BCM in this car? If so, that might be motivation for someone to have tampered with the BCM...

-Uwe-

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
I don't know the 6C well at all, but... Where is the Immo in this car? Unless I'm blind, there's no sign of it in the Auto-Scans. Does it happen to be in the BCM in this car? If so, that might be motivation for someone to have tampered with the BCM...

-Uwe-

Hei UWE. I'm not even sure what Immobiliser does exactly ( just googling it now ) but, looking at other Polos ( 6C ), as the one that our buddy here iichel posted in the 6C Lounge, I can't see any Immobiliser in his posts either, so I guess it's just how these cars work ?

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
I haven't seen a 25 module in any of the mqb cars (polo 6c and brothers, golf 7 and family)

It's still in the cluster, the car won't start without it

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I haven't seen a 25 module in any of the mqb cars (polo 6c and brothers, golf 7 and family)
It's still in the cluster, the car won't start without it
Since we normally get cars with as many options as possible, I'm used to seem a Kessy in the MQB cars, so the lack of a 25 never bothered me. I guess I should pay more attention to scans of cars with less equipment.

-Uwe-

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Since we normally get cars with as many options as possible, I'm used to seem a Kessy in the MQB cars, so the lack of a 25 never bothered me. I guess I should pay more attention to scans of cars with less equipment.

-Uwe-

Look at mine, don't even have AC :(

EduardJS

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=307521
Hello people!

I decided it's not worth to make another thread so I'll just leave a video about the issue I'm having, since it's related to the same car. It was always like this, so if you guys want an 1024 debug, hope you still have my old email with them, otherwise I'll just resend it because nothing changed since.

Basically I cannot generate admaps. Could it be caused by the same issue with the BCM SW part number having an additional 0 ?

Here goes my problem, https://youtu.be/AI95vJ1kncs

Last edited by a moderator:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hello people!

I decided it's not worth to make another thread so I'll just leave a video about the issue I'm having, since it's related to the same car. It was always like this, so if you guys want an 1024 debug, hope you still have my old email with them, otherwise I'll just resend it because nothing changed since.

Basically I cannot generate admaps. Could it be caused by the same issue with the BCM SW part number having an additional 0 ?

Here goes my problem, https://youtu.be/AI95vJ1kncs
What happens if you try it without a Security Access code?

-Uwe-

Back