Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Firmware upgrade fail HEX-NET

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Interesting. The update server thinks you have current software (CB, FW, etc), just that the VCDS-Mobile DS is old. The first thing I would suggest is to use VCIConfig to put the interface on the Beta channel for updates to see if that will kick-start things.

-Uwe-
    Thanks for the reply!
    I tried the beta channel, it gave me a timeout error and "channel switching failed"

I can add that the program crashed during the latest firmware update (did it last night) so it might be a issue where it thinks that the interface is having the latest CB, FW etc, but that it actually dont?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I just tested channel switching here and it's working fine for me, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

However, I have another means to change the channel and have set it to Beta for you.

If you still can't update it, I'm going to have to defer until Shaun is available tomorrow.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes Znippie liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Hmm, I just tested channel switching here and it's working fine for me, so I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.

However, I have another means to change the channel and have set it to Beta for you.

If you still can't update it, I'm going to have to defer until Shaun is available tomorrow.

-Uwe-
    Uwe, you just made my day!
    It worked, i finally was able to update my firmware. It also works as a charm on one of the cars.
    Thanks alot! First class customer service right there, on a sunday.

5. Likes _Val, Uwe, Eric, PetrolDave liked this post