Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MK7 golf, disable Hill Hold

Post Thanks / Like
    So I'll have to post my scan, but is it just a matter of changing byte 25 to 0? I've hated hill hold ever since I got my car. It's fought me on many occasions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
    So I'll have to post my scan, but is it just a matter of changing byte 25 to 0? I've hated hill hold ever since I got my car. It's fought me on many occasions.
    Looks to me like people are only setting two bits (Bit 0 and Bit 1) to zero while leaving the other 6 bits alone.

-Uwe-
    Lock-down of sick people: Quarantine
    Lock-down of healthy people: Tyranny

3. Likes Blade3562 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Correct, so it byte 25 now reads 60 instead of 63

5. Likes Blade3562 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grigg View Post
    Correct, so it byte 25 now reads 60 instead of 63
    Awesome thank you! I was interpreting it as a single digit instead of 2, my fault! Will do this tonight and report back. Need to figure out how to disable the torque limiting as well. Right now it's set to weak but I can't find a setting for off. Hopefully this helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    Looks to me like people are only setting two bits (Bit 0 and Bit 1) to zero while leaving the other 6 bits alone.

-Uwe-
    Uwe: I don't mean to be a pedant, but I have corresponded with forum colleagues (on other sites) who have indicated that it's possible to disable Hill Hold by just setting Byte 25, Bit 0=0 (i.e without changing Bit 1), but this hasn't worked for other folks.

As you will be aware, explanations for the code-string on the hex03 module are as rare as rocking horse sh#t! My general deduction from viewing auto-scan from MQB vehicles where I know HH is present is that invariably both Bit 1 and Bit 0 is set on Byte 25. But this is purely an observational hypothesis.

I suspect that RT's office holds the answer to many MQB secrets (not generally available to us mere mortals) given the expertise that you guys demonstrate with impressive rapidity in your responses on this forum. One of the things on my bucket-list is understanding the role of Byte 25, Bit 1 on MQB ABS modules - can RT help with this mystery?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)