Thread: Stereo stays on until door open?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Stereo stays on until door open?

My stereo (with factory RNS310) shuts off shortly (5-10 seconds) after shutting the car off. I have swapped the RNS310 out for an aftermarket unit made by Eanon. This headunit; along with the 8" Kicker Sub in the hatch that it controls, stay on until the door is opened after the engine is shut off. So 5 or 10 seconds after shutting the car off, all the speakers, except the subwoofer shut down. Is there a setting I can change with the VCDS to enable the Dynaudio amp to stay running until the door opens along with the Eonon?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    We have no idea what you are riding. The Millenium Falcon?
    If Yes, it depends on whether it's the facelift.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hadez16 View Post
    We have no idea what you are riding. The Millenium Falcon?
    If Yes, it depends on whether it's the facelift.
    Yes you are completely right, I apologize for that..It is a 2013 GTI Autobahn with the Dynaudio system. I was thinking that the amp under my seat is shutting off and I was contemplating re-routing the power wire to the amp output from the Eanon however it looks like the 12v supply at the amp is on at all times. So the amp must turn on and off with either CAN signals or speaker signals. My sub is an all-in-one unit with built in amp that turns on and off with speaker signals. With that staying on, it leads me to believe that the Dynaudio amp does not use that as the on/off trigger.