Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MK6 HVAC controls in MK5?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

MK6 HVAC controls in MK5?

Is it possible to retrofit the HVAC controlls from a mk6 (or 2010 jetta) into a mk5 Jetta?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can in the Golfs, but I don't know how.

I've seen it on Google somewhere.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes possible. Done that.

Relatively simple except, if you have a fresh air flap done with two motors. That will never work properly. If you only have one motor (MY2008 onwards usually) then that part is not a problem either. Flap housing can be changed to single motor one but sourcing the flap housing will be a problem. I had to buy the complete unit that is installed inside dashboard just to get the housing. Also the swap was really tedious without removing all the dashboard stuff around it. But can be done without dismantling it completely. Just needs a little patience and small hands
    Also new radio/clima facia is needed but can be found easily from ebay.
    Some wiring changes involved as well. But very simple to do.

More info here :
    http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...nstalled/page3

BUT, you won't be able to make it work completely error free without also upgrading the cluster to white or color BAP cluster. It will raise a function restricted due to missing message error in climatronic as it won't be able to communicate properly with comfort bus devices. I did not see any changes in how the climatronic works but the error comes all the time.
    After I upgraded to color MFD it went away.
    Also if you want to have all the features the swap provides, you need to have a radio that supports the new climatronic as well. Means RCD510, RNS510, RN315 or RN310 or similar.

Oh and you are talking about mk5 climatronic to mk6 climatronic? Climatic (semi-automatic) conversion is not possible to do.

4. Likes NZDubNurd, NitrousOxide liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a nice little upgrade in terms of the aesthetics and the display on the head unit.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...reen-installed

I've upgraded in my Passat which had the mk5 style to mk6 style, and then again to mk7 style (Passat CC) because I had upgraded other interior parts and it matched better than what I had.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

6. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ That is so true.

One thing to note as well that mk6 Climatronic also incorporates air quality sensor controlled air recirculation. But it requires the air quality sensor which is not usually available on the mk5 climatronics.
    There are some Fahrenheit Mk6 climatronic panels without the automatic air recirculation, but I've not seen any without on celsius versions.

You can get the air quality sensor and wiring through Aliexpress. They're like 15$ there.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can buy as a kit with the sensor and the trim, I think its a good upgrade
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have Climatronic so the auto won't work for me. I'm not interested in the Climatronic. I'm more talking about the controls from the 2010 Jetta. While still a MK5, it had the electronics of the MK6. Here's a pic.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think climatic mk5 to mk6 is possible. MK5 is manual cable when mk6 is electronic control.

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159850

Post Thanks / Like
    It is possible if you add new motor for it.

12. Likes downtime liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interested in the Mk7 style(I believe it's actually facelift Scirocco/Eos) into a MkV platform. I found the kits, but nothing really on directions. I don't plan on adding the air quality, and can get the Climatronic panel without. It will be going into a 2007 Eos (red mfd no bap). Trying to figure out what all I need to purchase/prepare for. I feel like it's really going to make me happy with the look of the center stack. Right now the dual LCD climatronic looks awful and dates the car. I have an RCD330+ and Mk7 steering wheel already just looking for the last touches to make it feel more like my golf.

Already have an AH CAN Gateway, and if a bap cluster is required that's on my list of upgrades. I like the color display
    Last edited by Blade3562; 08-31-2017 at 10:54 PM.