Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time stamps on posts?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    Really hate to say this because I feel like I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but notice how the little green spot is illuminated showing you logged on in the first screen snippet - and off in the second? This means you are logged out.

When I'm logged in, at the bottom of each page vBulletin states 'All times are GMT +1.' True, as we're in British Summer Time which is GMT+1.

When I'm logged out vBulletin states 'All times are GMT -5.' Which again is true, because the yanks are 5 hours behind us.

So when you log back in again, does that post time jump back to the local time that you posted it?
    Zenerdiode: As I said, I do like the way that you think- such clarity and such precision of logic!

You are of course entirely correct - I'll go sit in the Dunce's corner for a while

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, please tell me did you write this at 10:14 AM, Saturday? Right now, I've 11:00 AM, You 19:00 PM. Am I right?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boki Ar View Post
    Don, please tell me did you write this at 10:14 AM, Saturday? Right now, I've 11:00 AM, You 19:00 PM. Am I right?
    Boki Ar: Yes, 100% correct - when I'm logged in that 's exactly how the time stamp operates- I feel quite confident about this. Now that Zenerdiode has unlocked the mystery I'm going to claim expert status!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

4. Likes Uwe, Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb

[Remeber Me] option is on?

6. Likes Uwe, DV52 liked this post