Coding: 030000
    Shop #: WSC 02145 785 00200
    ASAM Dataset: EV_ElectRoofContr 001007
    ROD: EV_ElectRoofContr.rod
    VCID: 71E3D33AA01827CE75-8024

1 Fault Found:
    0004 - Switch for Convertible Top
    B11A0 02 [137] - Signal Failure
    The cabrio top does not seal up the back end correctly. The curved hoop below the rear window is the "Tension", there small gap between it and the convertible top box lid.

The Auto Roof (J256) has to see the Convertible Top Closed Position Switch (F202) is "operated" before it will hydrolic cylinders that push the tension down firmly onto the convertible top box lid. The F202 data will be found in Advance Measuring Values:

IDE02664-MAS02264,Switch for folding top-Convertible top front closed position switch

The F202 is located on the right side of the frame, maybe 24"-ish from the front edge. It is on a plastic mount that is secured to the frame. The plastic mount can bend/flex so that the F202 is out of alignment and doesn't get "operated" when the leading edge of the top is flat. You may be able to grab the frame in the area of the F202 and push/pull on the top that the switch becomes "operated" and then a helper and flip the power roof switch to close and the rear tension will gets pushed down as it should.

The fix for this may be as simple as using epoxy to help glue the plastic mount that the F202 is on flush with the frame so it can no longer flex out.

ST?ID=77145

Base line readings for top open or closed found here:
    http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthre...-(CTUB-engine)
    Last edited by Jef; 10-30-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

2. Likes Andy, Uwe, Dana, jyoung8607, Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I created this: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/B11A0

We can add to that as needed.

4. Likes Uwe, Boki Ar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The F202 location, on the right side of the frame.

Jef

6. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had SSP 960193 The 2010 Audi A5 Cabriolet, 90 page PDF for a few years. You can Google this but you have to join an Audi forum or pay Erwin. I've anyone wants my copy PM me with your email address?
    New User Keith

2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Recently had (and finally resolved) this issue myself.

In Jef's photo of F202 above, you can see a metal tab just below and to the right, on a different part of the hinge. That is what F202 is detecting ... it's just a regular piece of steel, I believe. (If you monitor F202 with VCDS[1] while the roof is half-opened as in the photo, you can see it turn on and off as you hold a screwdriver up to the face of F202.)

There are two torx screws on the interior side of that piece that allow for a significant amount of adjustment. I had to adjust mine a few times (pushing up or pulling down on the roof gently in that spot if it refused to operate). I just moved it a hair each time because I didn't want to risk breaking anything. There's a sweet spot, so when you think you've got it, cycle the roof a few times to make sure it's happy before putting away your screwdriver and laptop.

If anyone would like detailed instructions on how to manually operate the roof using the hydraulic motor and the output test of VCDS, please contact me directly and I'd be happy to explain. I've also got the sequence of all switch operations needed for normal opening and closing of the roof, with some approximate timing information.

- Jim

--
    [1] Address 26 Auto-roof: G029-Loc. IDE02664-MAS02264: Switch for folding top-Convertible top front closed position switch

Last edited by JimGrisham; 11-21-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: minor: clarify sentence wording; added annotated photo

9. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe, Jef liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Raw notes for posterity

I was recently contacted by another forum member looking for assistance with a 2010 series Audi A5 Cabriolet roof.

Until I get around to typing these up in a friendlier format (if I ever do), perhaps my raw troubleshooting notes from last year may be of use to others in the future. I make no promises that any of this is correct, legible, or sensible, but it did help me repair my own vehicle.

Cheers,

- Jim

Linked PDF and CSV files:

1. List of all sensors with UDS 'IDE/MAS' numbers cross-referenced to VAG component identifiers (e.g. IDE-02264-MAS02263 is equal to F171*)
      (this also contains my best guess at sensor sequencing, which is also reproduced the image below)

2. CSV files containing sensor timing information for an incomplete opening/closing operation. Split into two parts due to limitations on the number of UDS items VCDS could log at once:
      Part one. Part two.

3. Annotated hydraulic drawings for the opening (4 steps) and closing (5 steps) operation sequences; one step per page.
      (Note my correction of the drawing for the third step of the closing operation ... it should have read "Lifting the tensioner")

(Again, these were just my raw notes for my own use, so please forgive the sloppiness.)

* Note: These may change over time, as I believe my logs from several years ago (after the first module firmware updated that switched to UDS mode) had different numbers.

11. Likes jyoung8607, Uwe, DrPeter, Dana, Andy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    More love for the A5 cabrio:

Jef

13. Likes Uwe, Andy, Dana, JimGrisham, andyhud liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better video of top operation:

Wiki page created as well now:
    http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...(FH)_Auto_Roof
    Jef

15. Likes Uwe liked this post