Page 52 of 63 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: EV Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZDubNurd View Post
    That's called "Goverment"
    Winner, Winner! (Free-range, organic) Chicken Dinner!

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

2. Likes NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fossil fuel subsidies PER YEAR https://www.nrdc.org/experts/daniell...fuel-subsidies there are other links

26 billion Per Year in the USA for all fossil fuel industry support combined

I'd love to see 1million EV's to get on the road to reach that 7.5 billion total.. there is currently somewhere north of 256 million cars on USA roads, only 2-3 million EVs world wide and we are of course not the biggest contributors to that #

The debate will continue for sure..

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msjulie View Post
    Fossil fuel subsidies PER YEAR https://www.nrdc.org/experts/daniell...fuel-subsidies there are other links

26 billion Per Year in the USA for all fossil fuel industry support combined
    OK, but I'm not the one who initially said, "7.6 billion".

I've also heard arguments (that I can't really refute) that some substantial portion of the USA's "defense" budget should be counted as a subsidy to the world-wide oil market, because without our "protection", critical shipping lanes such as the Strait of Hormuz would become hazardous to transit, if not closed entirely, which would dramatically increase the price of oil. If we accept this, then the total subsidies are well into the hundreds of billions.

Now if you made me the Benevolent Dictator of the USA, I'd eliminate all those subsidies. Direct, indirect, fossil fuel, EV, or other "green" stuff. That would allow the price of oil reflect its true cost (including the hazards of shipping it without US taxpayer protection). Then I'd let the markets sort out which energy sources are actually the most cost effective, and what type of vehicles are offered (and actually bought by consumers).

Quote Originally Posted by msjulie View Post
    I'd love to see 1million EV's to get on the road to reach that 7.5 billion total..
    I have little doubt this will happen at some point in the foreseeable future. But for EVs to really make a big dent in the market, batteries still have to get less expensive than they currently are.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have little doubt this will happen at some point in the foreseeable future. But for EVs to really make a big dent in the market, batteries still have to get less expensive than they currently are.
    Yup no argument there

6. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think with super capacitors and ability to recharge for burst during regen braking, things are going to change significantly over next 2-5 years.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty interesting "debbie downer" look at EV conversions:

10. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is why my log splitter car idea is more feasible, at least for price........
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like

13. Likes Andy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's interesting that the e-tron quattro only has a flippy cover on the DC fast charge portion, not on the regular charger portion:

Compare that to my A3 e-tron that has a tethered rubber cap that covers the entire charging port even though the Audi rings slide over to cover that as well:

15. Likes PetrolDave, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a shortcut was taken and a bean counter decided, that "something" was an acceptable situation & as a loss again?

Pattern BAD behavior shown in actions, versus a tear eyed forgiveness commercial?

Hmmmmmmmmm

Interesting!