Page 51 of 62 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: EV Thread

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Art & his wife in last month switched to EV.
    Art bought the BMW and she pulled in last night with new KIA 4 door & both were a nice layout.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

2. Likes D-Dub, Andy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Yeah Art & his wife in last month switched to EV.
    Art bought the BMW and she pulled in last night with new KIA 4 door & both were a nice layout.
    Did you let them mooch some free electricity?

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you let them mooch some free electricity?
    No EV ports here yet but I am indeed considering adding a parking lot of them for people to access and offer fast charge terminals at strategic locations & at a for profit rate, using MMMM, solar banks to run high power hydrogen powered generators to really turn out some megawatts.

It's free everywhere apparently as incentives to shop, at some point it will be retracted & it will be for profit & taxed.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

6. Likes D-Dub, PetrolDave, msjulie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    It's free everywhere apparently as incentives to shop, at some point it will be retracted & it will be for profit & taxed.
    And that's when the TRUE cost of running an EV will become apparent to owners who are currently getting a free ride

8. Likes Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I miss Art
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

10. Likes jyoung8607, Jack@European_Parts, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    And that's when the TRUE cost of running an EV will become apparent to owners who are currently getting a free ride
    You don't want to go there I'm thinking, with something like $7.6 billion in fossil fuel subsidies paid by us taxpayers .. now there's a free ride.. Some people don't want to know that ..
    Last edited by msjulie; 06-08-2019 at 08:26 AM.

12. Likes Jack@European_Parts, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by msjulie View Post
    You don't want to go there I'm thinking, with something like $7.6 billion in fossil fuel subsidies paid by us taxpayers .. now there's a free ride.. Some people don't want to know that ..
    How much are taxpayers currently shelling out in subsidies to wind, solar, and other "green" energy projects?

A million EVs alone at a $7,500 tax credit each would be $7.5 billion.

Then there's the fact the EVs don't pay fuel taxes, which are supposed to be the main source of revenue for road and bridge maintenance.

It's all a complicated mess no matter how you slice it, and the numbers can be spun in whatever direction one would like.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    to all points, yes, ev owners will eventually run out of most of the 'free' or subsidized fuel; albeit I would suggest that mostly only tesla owners ever felt this in the first place.

- note: I have rarely gotten free electricity anywhere in my locale, not even a convenient 110v wall socket, any place that actually has EV service was either a chevy dealer, once at a hotel/restaurant had an EV charger, and the rest were all EV Pay services.

1) there is no separate 'fuel' tax for electricity, but I can guarantee that taxes were paid by someone at some point to generate/sell/buy that electricity.

2) there will of course be loss of tax from declining fossil fuels, but I suspect a significant chunk if not most of it will be made up from taxes on other electricity sources.

3) in the mid term, I expect to see gas taxes rise higher to make up for the perceived loss from EV, however what will happen to gas has/is already happening to cigarettes (raising taxes, lowering volume until extinction).

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Dub View Post
    3) in the mid term, I expect to see gas taxes rise higher to make up for the perceived loss from EV, however what will happen to gas has/is already happening to cigarettes (raising taxes, lowering volume until extinction).
    Well, lots of states and localities are starting to tax the EV analog to cigarettes, vapes. For example PA has a 40% tax on the wholesale level. So I do not think that EVs will remain free of road-specific taxes for very long.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

16. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwe View Post
    It's all a complicated mess no matter how you slice it, and the numbers can be spun in whatever direction one would like.
    That's called "Goverment"
    Allan
    The R32ran Thread
    How to post a full Auto-Scan
    "Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound"

18. Likes Uwe liked this post