Page 42 of 69 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: EV Thread

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    How many "tech" companies have had astronomical market caps without ever turning a profit, only to go BK a few years later?
    True enough... but has any one looked at Ford lately? At least it's up a tad..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been watching Ford lately. I considered buying Ford stock in late October. I decided not to but I still might before the end of the year. Ford is still down almost 50% from the 5 year high and 40% from the 52 week high but at $9/share probably not a bad buy. Not as good as when my boss bought in '08 when it was running at around $2/share. Ford shares have the trade issues with China weighing them down and the possible deal with VW poised to push them up.
    Last edited by dafrazi; 12-07-2018 at 10:34 AM.

3. Likes D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'll say this for Tesla, unlike some of the dotcom 1.0 companies, they actually make a physical product that has shipped and is still shipping to consumers. I remember companies selling "synergy" and "paradigms".

5. Likes PetrolDave, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'll say this for Tesla, unlike some of the dotcom 1.0 companies, they actually make a physical product that has shipped and is still shipping to consumers. I remember companies selling "synergy" and "paradigms".
    Yeah, but that also means they have to pay suppliers for the parts going into those cars, and to fix those cars when they break under warranty, etc, etc...

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Audi e-tron quattro reviews are starting to roll in, here's a particularly techy one:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2018/12...19-e-tron-suv/

Following a lunchtime recharging, the e-tron covered 127 miles (204.5km) with an average energy consumption of 2.1 miles/kWh (29.8kWh/100km), and that was with the AC and seat coolers running to combat the 86˚F (30˚C) temps and 70 percent humidity outside.
    I'd be curious to see how it does in the winter.

9. Likes Uwe, D-Dub liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ctric-car-push

VW Slashes Costs to Fund Its Pursuit of Tesla

European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

11. Likes Uwe liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    A fight, a fight, an NMOG & no light or at end of tunnel in sight?

https://www.kcra.com/article/fight-b...andal/25438848

Fight brewing over EV money from VW emissions scandal
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty interesting (to me) sort of reverse teardown of a Chevy Bolt:

Somewhat surprising that there is no air to water radiator for cooling the battery. Also the Bolt only goes 93mph? There are 80mph zones in Texas.

14. Likes D-Dub liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    this has to be fake.

16. Likes D-Dub, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    ^^^ Sorry, can't resist:

The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

18. Likes D-Dub, Jack@European_Parts liked this post