Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: EV Thread

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if you keep your foot out of it, it looks like this:

4.92 miles / kw.... Would have been better, but I got red lights at the bottom of big hills twice. I bet I could get closer to 5 if I got lucky.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    You've been to TMC and Model 3 ?

Not to encourage you from the fun here of course, nice car

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/forums
    https://model3ownersclub.com/forums

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    When are we going to have a drag race between etron and model 3?
    Our e-tron be can surprisingly quick I found, in sport mode with sufficient battery to give the little 1.4t some help but it's no match for the Performance 3 parked next to it....

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    New HPWC installed today:

Pulling 48 amps now.... Should probably go past 40 miles / hr, if battery is lower and needs it. Installers did nice work...

5. Likes jyoung8607, Andy, Uwe, D-Dub, PetrolDave, msjulie liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tragedy strikes!

On the way to work today after a dentist visit, traffic slowed down quick. I stopped, and a Chevy Equinox barreled into the back of the Model 3. I'm ok-ish... stiff. Car seemed worse, but looking at it now, maybe it's not as bad....

Driver of the smasher told the cops that he slipped off the brake and hit the gas. His car was obliterated...

And I got pushed into a suburban. Can probably polish out his bumper and mine... no real damage there.

I think I'm in for a trunk lid, bumper cover, and whatever is under the bumper cover. Car drives fine, trunk even opens and closes. Backup camera works... 2 distance sensors fell into bumper skin and so throw alarms when I'm in reverse. Both rear quarters look ok, no broken glass, outer tail lights look fine. I need to go out and make sure it's water-tight, but otherwise it'll probably get driven until we work out insurance stuff and a body shop gets parts?

7. Likes Andy liked this post
    Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear you are ok.

Quote Originally Posted by passim View Post
    Tragedy strikes!

a body shop gets parts?
    Does Tesla have/give a listing of approved bodyshops? With all the sensors, would an independent shop have the ability to perform the proper repairs? More importantly, will you still be bringing the car to RT?

9. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by passim View Post
    Tragedy strikes!
    Wow, that's awful... glad that everyone is okay.

Parts delays could be long on this one. There won't be that many parts cars in junkyards, and Tesla are probably using new stock to manufacture as fast as they possibly can.

This being a brand-new car that will now have a reportable accident on CarFax, don't forget to ask for diminished value compensation from his insurance. They won't include it in their initial offer.
    Silence gives consent.

11. Likes Eric, Santos, Jack@European_Parts, Uwe, D-Dub liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    In brighter Tesla news, this is a pretty informative video on how the model 3 batteries are put together and why:

13. Likes jyoung8607, D-Dub liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow super sorry for you - the silver lining is how well they seem to hold up to being bashed into, keeping the people safe. Good luck on speedy repairs

15. Likes Uwe, D-Dub liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos View Post
    Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad to hear you are ok.

Does Tesla have/give a listing of approved bodyshops? With all the sensors, would an independent shop have the ability to perform the proper repairs? More importantly, will you still be bringing the car to RT?
    Yes, Tesla has a list of approved shops. The first choice for my insurance company was.... on the list!

Brought car over there this morning. They had another in for almost the same type of hit, and when they ordered the trunk lid, they ordered 2, just in case since they'd heard parts were harder to get. So they have a spare already! Clearly I'll need a bunch of other stuff, but he expects to get car on a lift and order parts by tomorrow. Showed me a GIANT box of model 3 parts they'd ordered which came in about 4 days as well... so he seems optimistic.

Also said if anything is back-ordered he can re-assembly so I can drive it instead of renting..

Took a pic of the one being repaired - clearly that whole box section will have to go on mine: