EV Thread

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I guess the moral is don't throw stones or balls in unbreakable glass houses?
Two things about this:

1) The side glass on any other car/truck is tempered glass that would have broken into a million small bits and that "medicine ball" would have been in the vehicle. This one clearly has laminated glass, which the big-assed ball bearing didn't penetrate, so it's certainly a cut above the average vehicle.

2) I think the "failure" was planned; this is called viral marketing. They gave rides in the truck after the event and the side windows were not smashed. See here. I take that to mean they had replacement glass there, ready to install, which they wouldn't have unless they knew in advance it would likely be needed.

-Uwe-

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Wow I never would of thought of media manipulation in today's day in age. :p

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Oh no not another river that catches on fire!
Either you posted that in the wrong thread or you need to look at a map. Lordstown is just about 100 km from Cleveland.

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en...ge-technical-update-for-the-audi-e-tron-12382

Yes!

The degree of coasting recuperation can be set to any of three stages by means of paddles on the steering wheel, and there are now greater distinctions between the three, which allows the driver the option of a more pronounced “one-pedal feeling.”

Anyone who has ever driven an EV car (including PHEV in EV mode) will tell you that regen is awesome and coasting is dumb. Using the right pedal, I can precisely control the amount of regen including zero for coasting if I so choose, just give me the choice!

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Either you posted that in the wrong thread or you need to look at a map. Lordstown is just about 100 km from km.

-Uwe-

Nah it's your fault though because ever since I saw that crazy video the entire State of Ohio is therefore....... contaminated. :rolleyes:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Anyone who has ever driven an EV car (including PHEV in EV mode) will tell you that regen is awesome and coasting is dumb. Using the right pedal, I can precisely control the amount of regen including zero for coasting if I so choose, just give me the choice!
Setting a car up for "single pedal" mode produces a completely different feel than what the typical driver of car with an auto trans is used it. That's why Audi and Bosch went to the trouble of very tightly integrating their brake controller with the rest of the EV powertrain, so that they could reproduce the feel drivers are used to while still getting as much regen as possible when someone uses the brakes.

-Uwe-

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Matt Farah canyon carving in the Taycan Turbo S:

Looks like he used up 50 miles of EV range in about 5 minutes?

D-Dub

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=272151
yeah, my older volt defaults to 'classic' drive mode where it will coast with minor regen, and brakes will regen up to ~50kwh.

the "Low" mode will regen much more aggressively with one pedal. Mine doesn't have the regen paddles, but I think the newer volt/bolts do, along with more single pedal regen.

'low' mode + 'sport' mode = fun mode

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Looks like he used up 50 miles of EV range in about 5 minutes?

JtvXxAc.jpg

tyFGzUy.gif

-Uwe-

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490

passim

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=4135
After hearing about (possibly) 20,000 id.3 that'll need to be software re-worked in person..... seems like software is still going to be a big differentiating factor on all these new cars.

Here's a list of the updates I've gotten on the Model 3 this year - oldest at the bottom:

fZyN6Qc.jpg

Since August 2018 I've had... 29 software updates, with the average being 17 days between updates.

Back