Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 LastLast

Thread: EV Thread

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either you posted that in the wrong thread or you need to look at a map. Lordstown is just about 100 km from km.

-Uwe-
    Nah it's your fault though because ever since I saw that crazy video the entire State of Ohio is therefore....... contaminated.
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Anyone who has ever driven an EV car (including PHEV in EV mode) will tell you that regen is awesome and coasting is dumb. Using the right pedal, I can precisely control the amount of regen including zero for coasting if I so choose, just give me the choice!
    Setting a car up for "single pedal" mode produces a completely different feel than what the typical driver of car with an auto trans is used it. That's why Audi and Bosch went to the trouble of very tightly integrating their brake controller with the rest of the EV powertrain, so that they could reproduce the feel drivers are used to while still getting as much regen as possible when someone uses the brakes.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

3. Likes PetrolDave liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Farah canyon carving in the Taycan Turbo S:

Looks like he used up 50 miles of EV range in about 5 minutes?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, my older volt defaults to 'classic' drive mode where it will coast with minor regen, and brakes will regen up to ~50kwh.

the "Low" mode will regen much more aggressively with one pedal. Mine doesn't have the regen paddles, but I think the newer volt/bolts do, along with more single pedal regen.

'low' mode + 'sport' mode = fun mode

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Looks like he used up 50 miles of EV range in about 5 minutes?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

8. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Likes D-Dub liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    After hearing about (possibly) 20,000 id.3 that'll need to be software re-worked in person..... seems like software is still going to be a big differentiating factor on all these new cars.

Here's a list of the updates I've gotten on the Model 3 this year - oldest at the bottom:

Since August 2018 I've had... 29 software updates, with the average being 17 days between updates.

12. Likes D-Dub, Andy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

14. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...c-cars-future/

Honda, VW Making Wildly Different Bets on Our Electric Future

16. Likes Uwe liked this post