Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Retrofitting Active Info Display in Golf 7

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    for all who are curious, this is how it looks now (just need the trim for the radio)

2. Likes Uwe, Spacewalker, jyoung8607, XaGiCo, Blade3562, DJM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if eye are not getting tired faster when you look whole day to AID especially at night
    In a fact , is more backlight and all other "light"
    I my car , I reduce backlight at night almost to minimum.
    what is your opinion ?
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

Post Thanks / Like
    Costs be damned I need that in my life! Can't wait til there's a nice DIY write up on the parts coding etc. I don't have the spare funding at the moment but as soon as I do I'm going for it! I love it. Looks great @vrod!

5. Likes DV52 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blade: I do like your priorities. Life is too short for regrets - especially where spending is concerned (it's simply your Bank Manager's problem)!!

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (103TSI) my13

7. Likes Blade3562 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Could it be the case that the ACC display movement in AID after retrofitting AID in a pre-Facelift does not work properly?
    If ACC display in retrofitted AID does work

1) did you change anything in the ACC coding?
    2) could you post your coding of AID?
    Last edited by hadez16; 08-09-2017 at 04:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewalker View Post
    I wonder if eye are not getting tired faster when you look whole day to AID especially at night
    In a fact , is more backlight and all other "light"
    I my car , I reduce backlight at night almost to minimum.
    what is your opinion ?
    Not only the tired eyes, but the physiological response of the eye is to narrow the pupil too. This way, a lot of vision into the dark is lost, because the eye is way less sensitive to light as well.
    (not even to mention the ratio magno/parvocellular cells that's completely off for the circumstances).
    I'm wondering whether outside vision is compromised. But that's just the med guy in me.

But I'm sure VW thought about this. Maybe it has backlight reduction?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Discover Pro, Digital Cluster, and 9.3-inch display for U.S. MK VII Golf

I've (almost) successfully done the Gen-2 Discover Pro and Digital Cluster in my 2016 Golf-R. https://youtu.be/b66e8qXNjCk I built the MOST cable loop extension to go from the glovebox to the cluster, so my Navigation is all good in the Dash. Purchased the Displays from Stevens Creek VW and the Disco Pro from Alex at APG.

Everything works well and I have no immobilizer or component protection faults (used a VAS 6154 and ODIS), but I am having an issue with the fuel gauge and depiction of ACC. The adaptation entries for the "Offset for fuel tank calibration values-Offset sensor 1" (and 2) both are 12.7L and should be -12.8. However, when I attempt to change them, I can't. Both VCDS and other tools accept "25327" as a security Login, but the Adaptation returns a Login error.

The other issue is that the animated graphic for the position of the vehicle being tracked by ACC is "stuck" at really close to you, rather than moving vertically in the display, based on distance.

I have the complete coding and Adaptation Values from a 2018 Tiguan SEL Premium w/Technology Package as well as a 2018 eGolf SEL Premium that I've compared coding with, and I think I have everything coded coded correctly, except for the Offset sensor values, which I know are wrong and need to figure out how to fix. If anyone has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. It seems like "Complete tank calibration" and/or "Wet dry tank calibration" might have something to do with it, but I can find no documentation.

11. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bock View Post
    Everything works well and I have no immobilizer or component protection faults (used a VAS 6154 and ODIS), but I am having an issue with the fuel gauge and depiction of ACC. The adaptation entries for the "Offset for fuel tank calibration values-Offset sensor 1" (and 2) both are 12.7L and should be -12.8. However, when I attempt to change them, I can't. Both VCDS and other tools accept "25327" as a security Login, but the Adaptation returns a Login error.

The other issue is that the animated graphic for the position of the vehicle being tracked by ACC is "stuck" at really close to you, rather than moving vertically in the display, based on distance.

Did you get your fuel gauge and ACC to work properly? I just ordered my cluster and will be attempting this retrofit on my Alltrack soon. I also have ACC in my Golf and I'm wondering if I'll have the same issue as you had.

Also, I'm confused as to how I'm supposed to hook up the splitter cable. What is TX and RX on the diagram posted on the first page of this thread, are the connections made from the MIB2 head unit to the Discover Pro to the cluster? I bought this splitter cable off eBay, is this correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got my new turbo installed, now I'm ready to swap out the cluster as my redline is different. Is it possible to do the gauge couster swap without the mib 2 unit? It would only be temporary until I buy an MIB II unit(things are expensive here as dealer won't remove CP). I have the fiber optic plugs and such ready, just not the monies for the mib II lol.

As for the MIB II swap does it have to be a facelift MIB II Head unit? If so what are the part numbers/revisions to identify them as a 2018+ R head unit(only unit in the states to come with digital cluster)
    What is the part number for the new all glass MIB II display seen in Vrods pic? (We don't get it here in the states so I can't find the number)

Post Thanks / Like
    if you keep old MIB, you will not see MAP on cluster, only arrows when navigate.
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT