Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Retrofitting Active Info Display in Golf 7

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IWMTom View Post
    Do you have ACC? Does it display correctly on your AID?
    Yes it shows correctly ACC picture/info on AID.
    Everything is working , and no error messages. My car is an E-Golf and also the AID display came from an E-Golf so i guess that helps.

I also have the dynamic tail lights retrofitted in to my car, that really makes it stand out.

Now all i need is to retrofit an 36KWH battery in to my car..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by offpist View Post
    Yes it shows correctly ACC picture/info on AID.
    Everything is working , and no error messages. My car is an E-Golf and also the AID display came from an E-Golf so i guess that helps.

I also have the dynamic tail lights retrofitted in to my car, that really makes it stand out.

Now all i need is to retrofit an 36KWH battery in to my car..
    So if there's a car in front of you, does the car display on the AID move in relation to the distance?

Mine just shows whether there's a car there or not - it doesn't move forwards and back as it's supposed to.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Tom.
    Your right, its the same here. Did not notice it before.
    Not an big deal in my opinion.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyq View Post
    thanks i will try that i have dealer tool
    Hello everyone! I own a 2014 Golf MK7 R and I have updated the analog instrument cluster with a brand new AID that has the following part number: 5G1.920.791.B

It was paired with my car by a friend that used ODIS (he has a dealer account for this tool) and VCDS in the process. Everything was set, but I am getting the range calculation error.

My original can gateway version was Q 1164 and I updated to version AJ 1244 as mentioned in this topic, but I've also lost the functionality of the Driving Modes button after the update. The button was installed from factory, not retrofited, but my friend told me that he is not able to restore the functionality of the button. He mentioned something about not being able to complete parametrization.

Would someone be able to guide us in order to get this completed? For the moment I went back to Q 1164 as I need the driving modes more than I need a fix for the range error, but I am looking for a way to completly fix this whole situation.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drive select is an FEC in the gateway. You just need to restore FEC on the new gateway module using ODIS online.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Drive select is an FEC in the gateway. You just need to restore FEC on the new gateway module using ODIS online.
    @kamold so this is everything that needs to be done in order to have it functional again?

My friend was trying to reactivate it with "restore function" option from Odis and after a lot of "writing" messages, there was a "parametrization" error.

I found out that it's normal to see this error as the gateway does not match the factory database for my car., but is there a different option that should be used to restore FEC code?

Also, someone said that after restoring the FEC, I will need to import a dataset with VPC. Is that really needed?

This is the dataset :
    Data-start stop
    Data-drive profile
    Data-tiredness detection

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the gateway is new or from a car that did not have drive profiles then yes those parameters should be loaded.
    It sounds from the error that the gateway does not have the correct parameter set.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    If the gateway is new or from a car that did not have drive profiles then yes those parameters should be loaded.
    It sounds from the error that the gateway does not have the correct parameter set.
    @kamold the hardware is the same - the original can gateway that came with the car from factory. Just the software version will be updated again from Q 1164 to AJ 1244.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you follow the GFF with ODIS, everything should be pretty automated...
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 320i24vv View Post
    @kamold the hardware is the same - the original can gateway that came with the car from factory. Just the software version will be updated again from Q 1164 to AJ 1244.
    Upload correct parameter set with VCP then restore functions with ODIS.

Can you post an autoscan from the current state please? Just to see what errors you have active now.